Roth sues Van Halen

The Hollywood Reporter wrote:Roth sues former Van Halen bandmates
Dec. 13, 2002

Singer David Lee Roth has filed a lawsuit against his ex-Van Halen bandmates accusing them of conspiring to keep money from him. The suit filed Thursday in Superior Court alleges that Eddie Van Halen, Alex Van Halen and Michael Anthony diverted royalties and breached their fiduciary duty to Roth. Roth claims that the band signed a deal with Warner Bros. in 1996 without his knowledge or authorization for increased royalties from sales of albums. He claims that his financial losses were estimated to be at least $200,000 at the end of 2001. The former frontman wants an accountant to review the royalties and determine the interest on them. Roth is also seeking unspecified compensatory, exemplary and punitive damages and legal fees. Roth was the band's lead singer for eight years before he launched a solo career. He was reunited with Van Halen briefly in 1996 to record lead vocals on tracks for a "Greatest Hits" album. Band members said they never promised Roth his old job back, although there were rumors that he would return. Roth and Sammy Hagar, who replaced Roth as Van Halen's lead singer in the mid-1980s, appeared on tour together earlier this year. Hagar left Van Halen himself in the mid-1990s

8O hmmm. I thought they were making an album again. You know, I have to say Van Halen sucks without David Lee. I enjoyed some of David Lee's stuff without Van Halen, but I think they both make magic together. EGOS. I tell you, they destroy the best of bands. Chris Cornell singing for Rage is all I got to say.
"The Blood Stains, the Charred Remains, the poor bastard who blew out his brains, I've seen it all before, it's routine to me....crime scene." DEADbolt