Re: Guardians Of The Galaxy (Gunn, 2014)

IM3 is easily the best of that series, Shane Black hijacks a comic book franchise to make a Shane Black movie. Surprised if you liked The Nice Guys you wouldn't appreciate this.
"I'm like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one. . . . I'm not a schemer. I just do things."

O-dot wrote:I personally find Iron Man 2 the worst of that trilogy, but for what it's worth I frankly don't care to watch any of them again.
2's biggest sin is that it's just a re-tread of 1. But yeah, I don't really see much need to re-visit any of the Iron Man films.
Just cut them up like regular chickens

If you feel the need, which I don't, you can call most superhero films fascist. Whatever. Great work from Black in my book. Much more fun than the faithful but tentative first and Writer's Strike wounded second.
"I'm like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one. . . . I'm not a schemer. I just do things."

UK got it a week before the US.

Per usual with Marvel, I'm not too fired up about this, even though the first is one of the better titles in the franchise. The fact it worked as well as it did seemed more of a fluke than anything and unlikely to be duplicated.
This is a snakeskin jacket. And for me it's a symbol of my individuality and my belief in personal freedom.

Where the original felt fresh and light-footed, this one feels laboured and yet self-satisfied. Little more than a string of smug one-liners, most of which miss the mark. There's a nice scene at the end, otherwise you've seen the best of it in the trailer. I guess that's why they opened it at this rather flat time of year... Quite the missed opportunity.

couldn't disagree more. i thought this was great! my 15 yo said it was better than the first. i haven't seen the first in a while so won't say that, but it was definitely awesome. can't wait to see it again actually, but probably will wait until i see it at home. there were a couple things that were odd, but they're spoilery so i'll save it for a bit.