Re: Raiders of the Lost Ark DVD change

darkness wrote:At least it's a minor one. I don't really have a problem with it. From digitalbits:
Also we've got another Indy tidbit for you. Word is, Spielberg is making one single change to the original Raiders of the Lost Ark (whoops... maybe that should be two, since they've also changed the name to Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark). And if this is true, the change could easily fall into the "digital cleaning and re-mastering" category. Remember that shot where Indy falls into the snake pit, and you briefly see reflections on the glass that's protecting Harrison Ford's face from the snakes? Well... our sources are telling us those reflections are being digitally removed from the shot so you can't see the glass. While there will no doubt be purists who get tweaked by this, we think most people will appreciate the fixed effect.

Anyway, remember that this is tentative information, so digest accordingly.
well that's not bad, but hardly worth going to all that trouble. I'm more pissed that they've put "Indiana Jones and" ahead of the proper title.
This is a snakeskin jacket. And for me it's a symbol of my individuality and my belief in personal freedom.

Re: [Movie] Indianna Jones IV

imdb.com:
New Indiana Jones Movie To Sport Few Special Effects
Producer Frank Marshall has told the U.K. website Empire Online that he hopes to keep a "B-movie feel" about Indiana Jones 4, due to start filming next year and open in theaters on the July 4th holiday in 2005. Marshall said that he expects to avoid loading the film with computer effects. "One of the things I enjoy about these movies is that they do recall the old cliffhanger serials of the '30s and '40s," said Marshall. "We didn't have computer effects in those days, we couldn't easily erase things and I think one of the unfortunate by-products of the computer age is that it makes filmmakers lazy. You become more creative. In Raiders of the Lost Ark, that's a real ball rolling behind him so Harrison really is in some danger running in front of that; these are real situations and that adds to the excitement and the creative energy on the set."

Hrm, I'll believe that when I see it.
This is a snakeskin jacket. And for me it's a symbol of my individuality and my belief in personal freedom.

no shit, good question.... why are none of us in the position to ask? Ø never gets invited to the press junkets.... :)

Well I'll say it again: They ought not even bother. Ford is too old, and Spielberg has been out of it for a long time.

You'd think all parties involved would have better things to do with their time, money and talent, but then again you'd think people would figure out there were no WMDs, too :roll: Ah, America.
"I'm like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one. . . . I'm not a schemer. I just do things."

Since they still don't have an approved script yet, I wouldn't imagine this will be filming this year, or at least not till the end. Lucas has rejected all the script versions they've done so far.
Just cut them up like regular chickens

darkness wrote:Lucas has rejected all the script versions they've done so far.
The man seems to have a far more discriminating eye when it comes to other writers' material, no? :mrgreen:

Heh, this is an amusing thread! 8 replies in... 3 years!

I think a new Indy film is probably the only thing Spielfuck could do that would get me (very mildly) excited. I used to love Indy when I was a sprogget...

Ford speaks, courtesy AP:
Ford says he's fit to play Indiana Jones
ROME -
Harrison Ford says he feels "fit to continue" to play Indiana Jones despite growing older. Ford, 64, said at the inaugural Rome Film Festival on Friday that he was delighted to team up again with directors Steven Spielberg and
George Lucas for the film. Lucas co-wrote and executive produced the earlier films, which Spielberg directed.

"We did three films that stay within the same block of time. We need to move on for artistic reasons and obvious physical reasons," Ford said at a news conference. "I feel fit to continue and bring the same physical action."

"Indiana Jones 4" has been in development for over a decade, but the production has recently gained momentum. Lucas has said he and Spielberg, who would direct, are working on a script, though no details have been disclosed.

Ford played Indiana Jones in 1981's "Raiders of the Lost Ark," 1984's "Temple of Doom" and 1989's "The Last Crusade." In the last film, Jones' father was played by Sean Connery, who Ford said might also appear in the planned fourth feature.

"He's part of the emotional fabric of these films. I think there may be an opportunity, I believe that Sean is still willing and I'd be delighted if he joined us," said Ford.

Connery, who attended the Rome event last week, has said that no offer had been made.

Ford declined to provide details about a shooting schedule or film locations, adding that the directors were not yet finished with the script.

"I think it's a real opportunity to make a film as successful ... as the ones we've made before," he said.
So, with no finished script, the earliest this could start filming would be latter half of next year... meaning a release in 2008, most likely. Sound about right? Then we have a movie essentially coming out nearly 20 years after Last Crusade.

They should just abandon the dumb thing.

I read an interview with Lucas somewhere not to long ago where he pretty much seemed to indicate that he didn't have much hope the film would ever be done. He said they were still working on it, but seemed somewhat resigned to the fact that it may never happen.
Just cut them up like regular chickens

Maybe it's a case where the principals have sunk so much time, money and effort into it that they can't back out of it.

There can't be any great number of moviegoers who are even all that excited to see the thing.

Ah, I dunno, Indy is the one Spielfuck franchise I've remained kind of partial to, in a nostalgic sort of way... The Last Crusade was bad enough, mind.
Last edited by klimov on 08/06/07, 02:22:40, edited 1 time in total.

Still, I would like to see my self whooping to the 'ta-da-da-daa' soundtrack of Indy in the theatre again :)

klimov wrote:Ah, I dunno, Indy is the one Spielfuck franchise I've remained kind of partial to, in a nostalghic sort of way...
Don't get me wrong, I grew up on Indy. Aside from Star Wars, there are probably no movies I enjoyed as much as a kid. (Was sad to discover when the DVDs came out that Temple and Crusade haven't aged well. Can't go home again sometimes...)

Indy 4... it just sounded like a bad idea when I first heard about it years ago. And Ford's advancing age, the production delays and Spielberg's increasing irrelevance all make clear it'd be best if they just let it go.

IMDb:
No Redemption for 'Indy 4' Writer
The latest effort to bring back Indiana Jones appears doomed, according to writer-director Frank Darabont (The Shawshank Redemption). Darabont told a movie website that focuses on films in development that although Steven Spielberg had praised his script for Indiana Jones 4 as "the best draft of anything since Raiders of the Lost Ark, " his excitement was not shared by fellow producer George Lucas. In the interview with Devin Faraci of CHUD.com, Darabont said Spielberg's praise "gave me a real sense of accomplishment, especially when you love the material you're working on as much as I love the Indiana Jones films. And then you have George Lucas read it and say, 'Yeah, I don't think so, I don't like it.' And then he resets it to zero." Asked whether he believes Indy 4 will ever be filmed, Darabont replied, "I don't think so. ... I just think it's fantastically bizarre that for a project that people have been trying to crack for ten years and have a writer come in and finally crack it and then ... [for Lucas to] say, 'No, I don't think so...' It's just bizarre to me. I can't get into George's head."

obviously, it was too good. i picture Lucas these days pretty much like will sasso's portrayal of him and/or kenny rogers on MadTV.

Well golly:
Indiana Jones’ Script Is Approved
Los Angeles Times
HOLLYWOOD — Director Steven Spielberg, star Harrison Ford and executive producer George Lucas have signed off on David Koepp’s script for a fourth “Indiana Jones” movie, representatives for Paramount Pictures and Spielberg confirmed Tuesday.

Koepp’s credits include “Spider-Man,” “Jurassic Park” and “War of the Worlds.”

Production is scheduled to begin in June at locations around the world in anticipation of a May 2008 release for the as-yet-untitled sequel, studio rep Nancy Kirkpatrick said.

Spielberg spokesman Marvin Levy remained coy about the possible introduction of a younger adventurer, given that Ford, 64, is older now than Sean Connery was when he played Indy’s father in “Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade.” As for whether Connery might have a role, Levy would say only that “we’ve heard those rumors.”

For his part, Ford said in a statement, “I don’t know if the pants still fit, but the hat will.”

Ah Koepp, Mr. Automatic. Automatic generic blockbuster script generator, that is.
"I'm like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one. . . . I'm not a schemer. I just do things."

Some developments:
Sean Connery won't be back for `Indy 4'
By DAVID GERMAIN
AP Movie Writer
The next "Indiana Jones" flick will not be another father-son affair. Sean Connery says he will not return to play dad to Harrison Ford's globe-trotting adventurer Indy.

Connery played Indy's father in 1989's "Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade," the third installment of the franchise directed by Steven Spielberg and produced by George Lucas.

"I get asked the question so often, I thought it best to make an announcement," Connery, 76, said in a statement posted Thursday on Lucasfilm's "Indiana Jones" Web site. "I thought long and hard about it, and if anything could have pulled me out of retirement it would have been an `Indiana Jones' film."

"I love working with Steven and George, and it goes without saying that it is an honor to have Harrison as my son," he said. "But in the end, retirement is just too damned much fun."

The fourth "Indiana Jones" film, not yet titled, is again directed by Spielberg and produced by Lucas. Shooting begins the week of Monday, June 18, at an undisclosed U.S. location, and the movie is due out May 22, 2008.

Lucasfilm also announced Thursday that Cate Blanchett, John Hurt and Ray Winstone will be joining the cast, which along with Ford, includes Shia LaBeouf.