According to The HOLLYWOOD REPORTER, producers of the
FOX series 24 are looking for a young actress to play
Jack Bauer (Keifer Sutherland)'s love interest on the
show this fall, who will have a younger sister who
marries a man she doesn't trust. Additionally, daughter
Kim is rumored to take a job as an au pair for a single
mother who leads a "very mysterious double life."
The new season of 24 will also feature returning cast
members Dennis Haysbert (Senator-turned-President Palmer)
and Sarah Clarke (Nina Myers).
In other news, look for the first season of 24 to be
available to own as a 6-disc DVD set on September 17th,
for a suggested $59.98.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com
http://www.fox.com
so, i'm guessing jack's wife is in fact dead then.... nice spoiler by the PR crew there.

and now, this crap:
StudioBriefing wrote:Stars of '24' Balk at Changes

Two of the stars of the Fox TV series 24 have expressed concern about the direction that the second season of the series is taking -- but their worries have little to do with the producers' decision to tinker with last season's real-time format and use a more traditional one instead. Leslie Hope, who plays Teri Bauer, the wife of Kiefer Sutherland's character, Jack Bauer, told today's Guardian newspaper at the Monte Carlo television festival that she is particularly upset about the decision to replace the show's director, Stephen Hopkins, and an apparent decision to use younger and sexier performers. ""When they put out a casting call for a bunch of beautiful women in their 20s, you have to ask yourself why," she told the newspaper. Although the series was critically well received, it never attracted the big audiences that many had expected. Hope said that she feared that next season, "the tone might shift into a new area." Likewise Dennis Haysbert, who plays African-American Senator David Palmer on the series said that the black characters had a rare depth and complexity and implied that Fox executives might shy away from them in the future.
so...she's not dead?

and, why the fuck would you change the format? that was really the main thing that made the series work! how can you call it '24' and change the format? fucking idiotic!!!

ok, here's finally some solid news on the upcoming season - and it's actually good news:
Dark Horizons wrote:
  • 24 (TV): BBC has confirmed Season Two, which begins shooting mid-July, will be set in real time as well and about a year after the events of the first series.
  • 24 (TV): E! Online indicates an LA bombing will be the subject of the second season.
i can't tell you how stoked i am that they're not changing the format. i was pissed! just goes to show sometimes rumors are just that - rumors.