Duchovny says X-Files 2 is on

This late in the game, and after those last two horrible seasons...does anyone care?

from darkhorizons.com:
While promoting his comedic turn in the upcoming "Connie and Carla", our LA correspondent on the ground Paul Fischer asked co-star David Duchovny whether the much-rumoured "X-Files" movie is likely to happen, and to everyone's surprise, he gave a resoundingly positive response.

"It's definiely happening", the actor said. "Chris has a great idea for the new movie and I expect we'll be able to begin shooting in the next year or so."

Asked whether he expects Mulder to develop in the film, the actor said "I hope not. I was really fighting against that in the final years of the show and I think the whole point. I think we're going to be introducing a new character in the film which will allow us to cast a major star, male or female, who will want to be part of an exciting supernatural thriller. I think the new movie will appeal to both our core fans and a broad audience. I'm very excited about it."
"I'm like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one. . . . I'm not a schemer. I just do things."

good. this was what was supposed to happen after the season after the movie. should have, in fact.

the real question is, who needs who more - duchovny or the x-files?

I gave up on the X-Files during season 2. I saw a few episodes here and there, including the series finale. But honestly, I think they ran the show into the ground to a point that they won't be able to recover in a film. Sounds like they're hoping that casting a big name star will help pack people in at the box office.
Just cut them up like regular chickens

Nah, this should be cool. The X-Files was a great show until those last couple seasons; with Duchovny back in the game, and without the "character development" that I'm glad to hear Duchovny fought (it really ruined the show, no wonder he left), it should be at least decent.
TC wrote:as soon as baseball stops being homosexual, i will.

X-Files2?

E! Online wrote:The truth is out there. And now, so too is a release date.

David Duchovny has given credence to the persevering rumors that a second X-Files movie was in the works, telling reporters at Saturday's Television Critics Association tour that production on the long-gestating project could kick off as early as November.

"I'm supposed to see a script next week," he said during a session promoting his new Showtime show, Californication. "I'm actually supposed to see it next week. Before I would just say that because they told me."

Duchovny reports that the Scully to his Mulder, Gillian Anderson, will reprise her FBI agent/skeptic role, and series creator Chris Carter is due back to direct and cowrite the film with series vet Frank Spotnitz.

"Chris is going to direct it. Gillian is on board and I'm on board," he said. "I've been talking to Chris and he has been giving me progress reports. He actually called yesterday and said next week you should have something to read.

"I'm really looking forward to seeing what he did."

Production will likely ramp up after that, with Duchovny anticipating getting in front of the cameras as early as this fall.

"I think it's November for a summer [2008] release," he said.

While details of the script are being kept mum, Duchovny said it's being written as a one-off story.

Last April, in an interview with Britain's Empire magazine, Anderson said that film would stay away from the series' (and first film's) sometimes tortured mythology.

"All Chris says is that he wants to make a really scary horror, like a stand-alone episode," said Anderson, who has kept busy with film work, including last year's The Last King of Scotland. "I don't think they're interested in touching on any of the conspiracy stuff."

The first X-Files movie hit the big screen in a big way in 1998, grossing $30.1 million its opening weekend and going on to rake in more than $189 million worldwide, with more than half of its gross coming from abroad. But the follow-up has hit quite a few bugaboos on its way back to the multiplex.

In 2005, when reports of a sequel were again revving up, tensions between Carter and 20th Century Fox boiled over, with the creator taking legal action that effectively put into development purgatory any planned projects. Carter filed a breach-of-contract suit against the studio, claiming contractual interference with the TV series, which ran on Fox from 1993-2002, and alleging that he was shortchanged for his contribution to the show after the studio viewed his deal as "too favorable."

The lawsuit, however, was recently settled out of court and the sequel now seems primed for production.

In the meantime, Duchovny will hit the small screen in his new Showtime comedy series, Californication. He plays a novelist struggling with his private life in the show, which premieres on the cable net Aug. 13.
Not exactly the most reputable news source, and I don't really care myself, but I thought you guys might be interested.

Yeah, they've been stumbling towards this for years now. It had probably better be a very effective horror flick on its own, otherwise nobody will care at this late stage of the game. I loved the mythology of the series up until the movie; after that, the show descended into pretty much pure redundant crap, and its final episode has to be one of the worst programs ever to air on network television.
"I'm like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one. . . . I'm not a schemer. I just do things."

Alexhead wrote:Yeah, they've been stumbling towards this for years now. It had probably better be a very effective horror flick on its own, otherwise nobody will care at this late stage of the game. I loved the mythology of the series up until the movie; after that, the show descended into pretty much pure redundant crap, and its final episode has to be one of the worst programs ever to air on network television.
what he said. except i'll add that i've been anxiously awaiting this and am looking forward to it.

can we just pretend that patrick never existed?

Alexhead wrote: I loved the mythology of the series up until the movie; after that, the show descended into pretty much pure redundant crap
OH Noeeess!!!! It is Supah-Soldjah!!! Run!!
Ride me a worm, you're a rider...
Walk without rhythm and you're a strider of deserts...

Maybe this time they'll make a film that's actually more than a double-length episode of the tv series (both visually and story-wise).

I vaguely remember the film as not too bad. But then I hardly ever watched the show. (Though all the seasons are in my Netflix queue, waiting their turn.)
This is a snakeskin jacket. And for me it's a symbol of my individuality and my belief in personal freedom.

O-dot wrote:I vaguely remember the film as not too bad. But then I hardly ever watched the show. (Though all the seasons are in my Netflix queue, waiting their turn.)

It wasn't bad, but it also had no business being on the big screen.

Looks like they're shooting for a July release, starts filming in December...two good things here. It shoots back in Vancouver, and it sounds like there will be more than lip service paid to the mythology if ye olde Mulder quest is part of the story.
"X-Files" stars, crew reunite for secretive sequel By Leslie Simmons
Thu Nov 1, 3:21 AM ET

LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - Fans of "The X-Files" no longer have to rely on Internet rumors to seek the truth about a sequel to the 1998 movie based on the popular TV series

On Wednesday, Fox announced production will start December 10 on the sequel, which reunites the show's stars, David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson. The studio also picked July 25 as the U.S. release date.

Series creator Chris Carter will direct the still-untitled film. Carter also co-wrote the screenplay with "X-Files" veteran Frank Spotnitz. The duo also are producing. Shooting will take place in Vancouver.

The studio is staying little about the film's story line. All that is being revealed is that it is a "supernatural thriller" and that the movie will take the complicated relationship between FBI agents Fox Mulder (Duchovny) and Dana Scully (Anderson) in unexpected directions as Mulder continues on his quest for the truth and Scully remains inextricably tied to her partner's pursuits.

The July 25 release date would put "X-Files" up against "Step Brothers," a comedy starring Will Ferrell and John C. Reilly, and an untitled comedy starring Ice Cube.

Fox's "X-Files" ran for nine seasons, ending in 2002. The first feature film, produced by Carter and co-written with Spotnitz, grossed $187 million worldwide.

Reuters/Hollywood Reporter
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20071101/tv_nm/xfiles_dc

The new X-Files movie is shooting in Vancouver right now and will be in theatres next summer... The movie stars David Duchovny, Amanda Peet, Gilian Anderson and get this... Xzibit!! Pimp my alien!!
um, Xzibit? really?

There's a rumor that Lance Hendrikson might make a Frank Black cameo as well...

Alexhead wrote:There's a rumor that Lance Hendrikson might make a Frank Black cameo as well...
fucking awesome. now all they need to do is dredge up steve railsback.

From Xzibit's latest blog wrote:Im in Canada,and its fuckin FREEZING!

Man where do I start,

I apologize for the long time between blogs, so I will make this a good one. After I finished the movie in New Orleans I went back to LA and took a second to regroup and reset for the new year. I had a kick back new years eve at my crib, had a bunch of people over and brought it in with family. The club scene in LAis cooked and burnt up so that was NOT an option. Jokes and food and lots and lots of henessy went around and it was a great evening. Let me rewind the tape a little and tell you about my hair cut. One day I got up and took my braids down and was about to make the call to get it re braided I looked in the mirror and put the phone down and picked up the clippers. I cut my hair myself to a little afro. I gotta tell you after Icut it and took a shower I felt preety fuckin good. After 10 years of braids I felt like it was time.

So here I am writing to all my folks in a ski resort 3hours from Vancouver, Its beautiful but cold. like 15 below 0 cold,.....and Im standing it it.........in a suit........welcome to hollywood. LOL. All bullshit aside I am having a great time. David Ducovnny, Amanda Peet, Billy Conolly and Gillan Anderson are very cool and great people to work with.

The whole crew for that matter are some of the best people you can find, I mean its brick out side and these folks are our out there setting up lights and setting up cameras and shit, hours before they yell ACTION. They deserve every penny they get. I wont be back to LA till March so I gotta good news flash for you when I get home, I will holla back at you guys asap.....thanks for stoppin in!!! xXx

That really, uh, yeah.