Re: X-Files2?

That was a weird episode.
It seemed like almost everyone in it was an extreme stereotype of some sort. Mulder's dream was amusing though, and I guess an easy way to work in dead characters for a cameo.
I was actually kind of enjoying the whole thing until it got preachy in the last scene.
Just cut them up like regular chickens

i'm now four episodes behind. trying to save it to watch with my son whom i have every other weekend, and we worked all last time painting, etc. hope to catch up this weekend.

Well the
massive cliffhanger
in the final episode tells you that
more than likely they'll be renewing for an 11th 'season.'
"I'm like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one. . . . I'm not a schemer. I just do things."

At least they're finally paying off a lot of the shit from earlier in the series. Though it makes you wonder after next season where they have left to go. Or maybe they realize that one more and it'll finally be time to call it a day.

I hope the deal they made with Duchovny and Anderson covered two mini-series and not just one. Otherwise Carter is about to experience some serious agent ass raping if they have to negotiate again.

finally watched the last couple of this. the penultimate was a great episode, the finale was basically S10E1 pt 2, which is fine - they bookended the series - but WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT ENDING???? they signed for only six episodes, and you end it like THAT?? fucking bullshit if there are no more.

a couple things:
-- great that they pulled the lone gunmen back in for an appearance, but that was it? would have been nice to see some onscreen interaction with those guys.
-- LOL @ everything that happened as fast as it did in the last episode. "Sequence your DNA? No problem, should only take a couple hours." but hey, moved shit right along i guess.

TC wrote:but WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT ENDING???? they signed for only six episodes, and you end it like THAT?? fucking bullshit if there are no more.
Or genius, as they ended it in a way that fans will be demanding more. I suspect they were pretty confident the ratings would be good enough to continue. Though as I said above, I hope they locked Duchovny and Anderson in for a couple of mini-series instead of just the one, as otherwise now the actors now kind of have them over a barrel when it comes to negotiation time.

Carter says "we always ended seasons on cliffhangers," and that he thinks the X-Files will be back. So yeah.
"I'm like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one. . . . I'm not a schemer. I just do things."

yeah, we were right:
Bloody Disgusting wrote:New Episodes of “The X-Files” Likely Coming in 2018

Aside from a messy, info dump-heavy first episode, I personally found last year’s limited revival of “The X-Files” to be incredibly satisfying. It was great to see Mulder and Scully back after so many years, the episodes (particularly “Mulder and Scully Meet the Were-Monster”) were enjoyable, and the ambitious finale left me hungry for more. But when are we getting more, if ever?

Soon, friends. Soon.

As reported by Entertainment Weekly, Fox president David Madden just told reporters at the Television Critics Association’s press tour that the network is expecting “to have an announcement very shortly” in regards to the renewal of “The X-Files.” The only holdup, he says, is that deal-making has been made a little bit complex due to the busy schedules of both Gillian Anderson and David Duchovny… who better be paid equally when the show does return!

Madden also revealed that future seasons of the series will likely be longer than six-episodes, but not quite as long as the show’s original 20+ episode-per-season format.

Expect the return of “The X-Files,” if all goes according to plan, in 2018.

/film wrote:‘The X-Files’ is Coming Back (Again) for a 10-Episode Season

The truth is still out there. And Mulder and Scully are coming back for The X-Files season 11 to find it.

Fox has ordered a 10-episode season of the legendary sci-fi show, following last year’s six-episode limited series, which arrived 14 years after the show ended its initial run.

David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson will return to play Fox Mulder and Dana Scully, the iconic FBI agents who investigate the paranormal, according to Variety.

The newest season, which is slated to start production this summer and will air during the 2017-2018 season, reunites them with series creator and showrunner Chris Carter, who also was responsible for last year’s hot mess of a 10th season.

Much hoopla was made over the Season 10 “revival” of The X-Files, which saw the show return to TV screens for the first time since season 9 season ended in 2002 and after the last film The X-Files: I Want to Believe hit theaters in 2008. Despite the anticipation, Carter and co. failed to deliver, offering up bargain-store nostalgia and convoluted mythology episodes. And that weird Were-Man episode. The limited series run was met with lukewarm reviews, with many criticizing The X-Files for exemplifying everything wrong with reboot culture.

Perhaps an 11th season — which would be a relief since the 10th season ended on a frustrating cliffhanger — will balance out some of good-to-mostly-disappointing episodes that we received last year.

David Madden, president of Fox, seemed to ignore the middling reviews that last year’s revival was met with, instead emphasizing the show’s legacy and its pop culture phenomenon status.

“Iconic characters, rich storytelling, bold creators – these are the hallmarks of great TV shows. And they are some of the reasons why The X-Files has had such a profound impact on millions of fans worldwide,” said Madden in a statement released with the 11th season announcement. “Chris’ creativity, along with the brilliant work of David and Gillian, continue to propel this pop culture phenomenon, and we can’t wait to see what fresh mysteries Mulder and Scully uncover in this next chapter of The X-Files.”

This won’t be the first mini-reunion of Mulder and Scully in recent days, as an audio book recounting their adventures between 2008’s The X-Files: I Want to Believe and 2016’s 10th season will be dropping in July.

Fans can temporarily satisfy their search for the truth with the audio book and with this teaser art for the next season of The X-Files.
the-x-files-fox.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

In other news, water is wet. Of course they'll do more, even as bad as the last round was. What they should do is bring guys like Gilligan and Minear back, and kick Carter to the curb. He ran out of good stories in the late nineties.

O-dot wrote:I'm pretty sure they can't afford Vince anymore.
I doubt they can afford any of those people. It's Carter's baby, they'll never kick him to the curb. Once he takes his cut and Duchovny and Anderson take theirs, they're lucky to have enough cash left to pay for bagels at craft services much less A-list writers.