I've finally grabbed the first season of AD to complete the collection. It was actually a little hard to find, not because places aren't stocking it, but because the shelves were picked clean.

It's a fucking disgrace they let that show go down. Now that I've consumed all there is to have, I would kill for more.
TC wrote:as soon as baseball stops being homosexual, i will.

Zodiac - pro (see other thread)
Shut Up & Sing - con (doesn't tell you anything you didn't already know about the Dixie Chicks and the much overdrawn "controversy")

and Tideland - con
This starts promisingly and for a while you're ready to forgive Gilliam for the Brothers Grimm debacle. You've even got Jeff Bridges doing a pitiable variation on The Dude. Plenty of dark humor and walleyed moments as only Gilliam can deliver. Then Tideland turns into a case of a movie disappearing up its own ass. Gilliam felt compelled to tape an intro advising/explaining/dictating how the audience should "appreciate" the movie; it's his acknowledgment of failure.
This is a snakeskin jacket. And for me it's a symbol of my individuality and my belief in personal freedom.

This Film Is Not Yet Rated - mixed ("... and the corporations sit there in their... in their corporation buildings, and... and, and see, they're all corporation-y... and they make money...)
For Your Consideration - pro
Tenacious D in: The Pick of Destiny - con (maybe I needed a few beers)
Stranger than Fiction - mixed
This is a snakeskin jacket. And for me it's a symbol of my individuality and my belief in personal freedom.

Jesus Camp--shooting fish in a barrel, a little too easy. The Ted Haggard stuff is fucking priceless, though.
"I'm like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one. . . . I'm not a schemer. I just do things."

Perfume: Story of a Murderer - Very, Very Pro.
Ride me a worm, you're a rider...
Walk without rhythm and you're a strider of deserts...

300 - con
OK, I'm officially done with all swords-and-sandals epics. Never again do I want to see tens of thousands of CGI-rendered guys in loincloths swinging battle axes at another mass of tens of thousands of CGI-rendered guys in loincloths. Nodded off about midway through this shitfest. Dull, slow-moving, repetitive, with all the dialogue delivered in lusty, full-throated, bellowed declamations.

Zodiac - pro
Breach - pro (hadn't heard a thing about this and walked in cold, pleasantly surprised)

I'm hoping to see 300 on IMAX this weekend. I'm not expecting much plot, just lots of eye candy. Overly dramatic dialogue doesn't bother me either - being an opera fan has cured me of that. :lol:

300 IMAX - pro

Not the greatest movie ever, but it met my expectations. It was worth the 13 bucks to see it on the huge screen. I liked the Joe Loves Crappy Movies comic about it too:
Joe's full review: LINK

That's better than the movie! :|

found 300 kind of enlightening, given it's the sort of the film you'd expect out of Hitler's Germany (truly).

Saw it in this huge cinema with only 24 seats - massive electric-powered reclining armchairs - with air-con and skivvies that bring you drinks, cushions and blankets. $8 for a ticket tho, kind of expensive... Oh, and they optically censor the breasts here! And you have to stand for the national anthem before the movie starts!!

Oh, and they optically censor the breasts here! And you have to stand for the national anthem before the movie starts!!
you've got to be kidding. where the hell are you?

klimov wrote: $8 for a ticket tho, kind of expensive...
$8 US? That's expensive? You obviously haven't seen ticket prices here in the US lately. $8 would be getting off cheap here. Though with all the other crap you describe I'd be a bit miffed to pay any price. Almost sounds like you were watching it on an airplane, except they don't make people stand for the national anthem on them.
Just cut them up like regular chickens

I read it as tongue-in-cheek sarcasm, or something. I have a hard time believing he's anywhere that backwards.
TC wrote:as soon as baseball stops being homosexual, i will.

Kanuck wrote:I read it as tongue-in-cheek sarcasm, or something. I have a hard time believing he's anywhere that backwards.
I dunno, Reading is kinda whack. I have cousins there.

Which would be where?
"I'm like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one. . . . I'm not a schemer. I just do things."

Wtf is the British (or would it be English?) national anthem anyways? "Reign Britannia" or something? It's either that or "god save the queen". This hasn't come up in while, help a brother out.

Optically censoring female breasts seems awfully prudish in 2007, even considering how the craziest things get labeled 'indecent and obscene".

I'm still in Bangkok. $8 is expensive, given that the usual ticket price is <$1, but it's worth it for the seats and the skivvies...

And, yes, it's humorously prudish that they censor the breasts, given that you only have to walk down the road to find hundreds of naked young women (and ladyboys) on stage doing unmentionable things with ping-pong balls...

Censored tits in Bangkok? I just had a mild stroke hearing that. Ping-Pong balls are family fare compared to the rest of the shit thailand is infamous for. Didn't they just have a "Fuck him, he's gone, we're taking it." kinda government reorganization in recent memory?

But, I'm really starting to enjoy thai food, tho, so i can forgive some foggy foghorns.

Puerto Vallarta Squeeze - mixed (mostly con)
Dead Heat - mixed (where have ye gone, Piscopo...)
Wanted: Dead or Alive - mixed (though you gotta kinda like any movie where the lead actor's mullet is something of a plot point)