Ozzy knocks Sting

IMDb.com wrote: Rock-god Ozzy Osbourne has lashed out at singer Sting. The legendary Black Sabbath star has taken America by storm with his MTV fly-on-the-wall documentary, The Osbournes, and reveals that although he is deeply ashamed of some of his dodgy antics, he is relieved that he has not turned out like the former Police frontman. He says, "I'm not proud of everything I've done, I'm not proud of all the drugs and booze, or biting the head off a few animals. But I was young. I didn't know what the f*** I was thinking. Still it could be worse. I could be Sting."
what a dick. what is this all about? oh wait - Sting hasn't done a cover tune with Coal Chamber yet. oh, and yeah - Sting actually knows the words to his own songs, you fucking retard....

when i saw ozzy last (i've seen him four times) in 91/92, i was sitting sidestage and i could easily see that he had to be led by two guys down the stairs/up the stairs (read: carried) and had to read all of his lyrics off of a teleprompter. i never paid to see ozzy again.

as a consolation though, zakk wylde was a fucking genius...that guy is the most amazingly talented and proud-to-be-a-redneck guy i've ever seen play the guitar that close.

yeah, sting has totally pussed out, and yes he actually appeared on the country music awards, but man, the police had a huge impact on music and it's just odd to hear ozzy dis them.

...from an obvious police fan. not that i'm not an ozzy fan (because i am, at least of his stuff before late 80's/early 90's).

i'm so conflicted!!! ;)

And Ozzies top ten song was....?

Not a big fan of either, though they both have thier songs. i guess theis come down to what musicians and artists consider selling out. Some call it "selling out" and some call it growing. Either way they do what they need to keep the bills paid, drugs coming, top of the chart or drop off the face of the earth....whatever they want. Some do it by design and some luck into it so how can ya knock anyone who DOES it? He should know that as well as anybody, maybe we could sneak Madonna into to his bed for one his episodes! He'd think he finally kicked the bucket and went to HELL! :satan:

Jesus I hope he's not going that route with his comment, 200 million for a new MTV contract?!?!

Alexhead wrote:Sting has turned into a VH1 pussy. Ozzy led Black Sabbath. 'Nuff said in my book :twisted:
comparing Sting's "now" to Ozzy's "then" doesn't work. apples & oranges. try again.

TC wrote:
Alexhead wrote:Sting has turned into a VH1 pussy. Ozzy led Black Sabbath. 'Nuff said in my book :twisted:
comparing Sting's "now" to Ozzy's "then" doesn't work. apples & oranges. try again.
NO NO NO! The quote was "I could be sting!" Thats present tense, and I'm not comparing the two just drawing a parralell. Ozzy led Black Sabboth-Sting was the lead of the Police. Both had a big influrnce in they're respective genre. Ozzie went solo- Sting became Sting. Now thats where the comparison would change and I think I'd lean more to the success of Sting here,(until the Ozbourne's goes into syndication) BUT thats not what I was trying to do.

But Sting is a VH1 pussy does that make Ozzie MTV's newest bitch? :moon: Hmmmm another comparison of the two! They are pratcally the same, maybe the body-snatchers are back! Just strangely mutated---further proof of gods sense of humor :roll:
Last edited by jakerupe on 14/05/02, 15:06:20, edited 1 time in total.

Works for me, kiddo, and that's really all that counts :lol:

Seriously, you're a huge Police fan and so am I--but if you wanna compare 'Sting now' to 'Ozzy now' or whatever your rules for this seem to be, I'll still take an Ozzy solo album with your man Zach wailing away over Sting's overproduced twaddle. Maybe we'll get real lucky and he'll do another soundtrack song with Rod Stewart and Bryan Adams. Least Ozzy's never sunk that low (the Lita duet was close) :wink: .

Ozzy's a fuzzy old mess, true, but he's the Godfather of Headbang and has never really claimed to be anything different. He's been more or less consistent that way, whereas Sting did some great things through about '85 and has become consistently more and more tepid and lame. Whose most recent solo album would you rather have to sit through?

But Sting is a VH1 pussy does that make Ozzie MTV's newest bitch?
Heh, I'd still rather watch "The Osbournes" than a Sting video--You can tell Ozzy could give a fiddly fuck about the cameras around his house; he's getting paid $20 million over the next two years to do what he'd be doing anyway, which is watching t.v. and mumbling. Sounds like MTV's Ozzy's bitch to me! :lol:

Heh, I'd still rather watch "The Osbournes" than a Sting video--You can tell Ozzy could give a fiddly fuck about the cameras around his house; he's getting paid $20 million over the next two years to do what he'd be doing anyway, which is watching t.v. and mumbling. Sounds like MTV's Ozzy's bitch to me! :lol:
I couldn't agree more! I've only seen it a few times but died when he chased his dog around with the wooden dog!!!
:bwaha: