TC wrote:check out these comments from a guy who just can't bring himself to register here but has read all of this:
Kanuck wrote:Did anybody ever stop to think that maybe they didn't want to perfectly recreate the books? They're making a movie, to appeal to everyone, not just nitpicky Tolkein nerds. In my opinion, they still tried too hard to appeal to just those die-hard fans, which made the movie totally inaccessible to people like me who have no interest in the books - I walked out of LOTR halfway through.

So instead of sounding like a Star Trek fan complaining about continuity errors, just relax and enjoy it - after all, it's just a movie! :)
:o :o :o
Ya really wanna get hIs goat? Turn him loose with a Lynch film!
:satan:
"Your just jealous the voices are only talking to ME!!"

just a quick follow-up here - the "regular" editions - widescreen or fullscreen, your choice (two seperate editions) - will be 2-disc sets and will be out August 6th, for $22.95 at Amazon.com.

the extended edition noted above will be $29.95 at Amazon.com.

so, wait three months for the four-disc-er and be without that much longer, or shell out the dough twice? with eBay floating around out there, that's a tough call... gotta admit, i was expecting that extended edition to go for more towards $40-$50...

TC wrote:just a quick follow-up here - the "regular" editions - widescreen or fullscreen, your choice (two seperate editions) - will be 2-disc sets and will be out August 6th, for $22.95 at Amazon.com.

the extended edition noted above will be $29.95 at Amazon.com.

so, wait three months for the four-disc-er and be without that much longer, or shell out the dough twice? with eBay floating around out there, that's a tough call... gotta admit, i was expecting that extended edition to go for more towards $40-$50...
Forgive me if I've missed this :roll:

but is that extended set a limited edition, likely to go out of print a month after it hits the streets?
This is a snakeskin jacket. And for me it's a symbol of my individuality and my belief in personal freedom.

O-dot wrote:but is that extended set a limited edition, likely to go out of print a month after it hits the streets?
well, the title here on Amazon says, "The Lord of the Rings - The Fellowship of the Ring (Platinum Series Special Extended DVD Edition) (2001)" - nothing about LE or anything.

i'll see if i can dig up something more solid.

Here is a thought... I'd fire all our asses today! Is anyone even remotely thinking about working today? :twak:

NOT ME!

Can't wait to get out of here!

jakerupe wrote:Here is a thought... I'd fire all our asses today! Is anyone even remotely thinking about working today? :twak:

NOT ME!

Can't wait to get out of here!
I noticed that myself. Even though I'm a new "slave", I've been reading the forum for some time, and there's been more activity today than in some entire weeks.

Storm13 wrote:I noticed that myself. Even though I'm a new "slave", I've been reading the forum for some time, and there's been more activity today than in some entire weeks.
Well... I just got back my desk after making the toughest decision of the day...

Twix
or
Snickers

:waaa:

Why didn't I bring enough change for TWO. THE HORROR!
And if it matters, I opted for the Twix.

jakerupe wrote:Why didn't I bring enough change for TWO. THE HORROR!
gotta take the cookie crunch over the mystery nuggat any day.

"You have chosen....wisely."

TC wrote:
jakerupe wrote:Why didn't I bring enough change for TWO. THE HORROR!
gotta take the cookie crunch over the mystery nuggat any day.

"You have chosen....wisely."
ha, you guys have Pork Rinds in your vending machines? Such is the luxury we Arkansans possess...

:killer:
This is a snakeskin jacket. And for me it's a symbol of my individuality and my belief in personal freedom.

O-dot wrote:ha, you guys have Pork Rinds in your vending machines? Such is the luxury we Arkansans possess...

:killer:
Man those are things I never could figure out why people like um! Just AIR!

I know, add the tabasco-just drink some if ya want it. :roll:

Misc. Blues wrote:Damn I guess I gotta go to KaZaAlite and download it. :evil:
I downloaded it the other day. It's about 6.2 Meg. If you really want it, I can e-mail it to you (I think).

Storm13 wrote:
I downloaded it the other day. It's about 6.2 Meg. If you really want it, I can e-mail it to you (I think).
Thanks but I already got it from KaZaA. :D

I voted 1 and 2. I'll definately buy #2, and I'll probably buy #1, unless I decide that renting it will be enough. Believe it or not, but I never made it to the theater to see it. Couldn't talk the wife into making the kids sit through that long a movie, and never had a chance without them.

that's the exact reason i almost missed it, but finally one day me and the wife got away to go see it, at the urging of most of my friends telling me "you've gotta see it on the big screen, man!!!" well, it was amazing. the majesty....*sigh*

all i can say is - you are in for a huge treat!!!! don't even bother renting it, that will just be a waste of money, since you'll then buy it anyway....

and if there is any doubt about how much i'm into this series, check out my work desktop

:mrgreen: