'80s tunes

today in the car i heard a flashback - that tune by a band called Slade, "Run run away." you know, "see the chameleon, lying there in the sun, all things to everyone, run run away."

so, what the hell is this "all things to everyone" shit? what kinda kommie krap is that?

i never noticed when that came out. i think i liked it.

yvan eht nioj.

Ok, I'll spell it out for you. The chameleon is "all things to everyone" meaning that you see what you want to see. It's a chameleon afterall. Sheesh.

Any other questions? I can hang pretty well on 80's music. :)

Pucknut

Pucknut wrote:Ok, I'll spell it out for you. The chameleon is "all things to everyone" meaning that you see what you want to see. It's a chameleon afterall. Sheesh
ha! you resurrect this, thanks!! *sniff* someone cares *sniff sniff*

but ok then smart guy - if that's the case, then why are we running running away from it???

and did you see my post about Greg Kihn? classic...

TC wrote: but ok then smart guy - if that's the case, then why are we running running away from it???
Wait, the WHOLE THING has to make sense? I didn't know that. :) I just thought it was a catchy tune. It's not that often you get a rock song with a fiddle. FWIW, this one appears on my compilation "80's Hair Bands".
TC wrote: and did you see my post about Greg Kihn? classic...
Yup. Jeapardy never appealed to me but I liked a lot of his other stuff. However I don't remember ever thinking "I wonder what happened to Greg Kihn".

Pucknut

Pucknut wrote:Wait, the WHOLE THING has to make sense? I didn't know that. :) I just thought it was a catchy tune. It's not that often you get a rock song with a fiddle. FWIW, this one appears on my compilation "80's Hair Bands".
ooooooo - K-TEL!!!!! ;)

TC wrote: ooooooo - K-TEL!!!!! ;)
Hey, let's not get offensive here!

I have a serious dislike for most modern artists releasing an album with 3 decent songs and 9 filler tunes that suck. So I take the good ones and put them on a disc with other good ones and I can listen to a whole CD without having to skip around. Makes me a happy guy.

Pucknut

Pucknut wrote: I have a serious dislike for most modern artists releasing an album with 3 decent songs and 9 filler tunes that suck.
read: Angel - The Tower.

but hell yeah, i agree completely. that's why i love KazaaLite so much! 8)

I actually hate the song but I have the CD keepyour hands off my power supply which it came off of and I like most every song except Run Runaway.

TC wrote:
read: Angel - The Tower.
I listen to it but have never read it. :oops: Have you ever heard Punky's Whips by Frank Zappa? It's a song about how his drummer is in love with Punky Meadows(lead Guitarist of Angel). It's really funny. If you have never heard it then you should download it from Kazaa.

dude, terry bozzio is my god!! zappa is great!! aarrrrrhhhhhh! someone brought up terry!!!

"i promise not to cum in your mouth...."

:ay:

I love Zappa. I have close to 30 of FZ on CD The Baby Snakes CD is one of my favorites. I also have some different Bozzio stuff. I got cool CD with him and Steve Stevens and Tony Levin called Black Light Syndrome that is awesome.

Where is Bozzio? Is he a "Missing Person" or what?

Glad to here someone like's Frank Zappa and the boys.

"Punky's Whips" --->Yank it Punky! Yank it faster! Yank it all night long! I ain't queer...I ain't gay (he's just a little fond of the chiffon in a wrist array) :lol:

Tities N' Beer is cool too! :wink:

bozzio's busy doing solo tours. he came through not too long ago and played the American. did i mention he is a god?

both Bozzio/Levin/Stevens discs are 100% improv (so they say). pretty amazing stuff, to be sure.

i'm still waiting for the Baby Snakes DVD. that 2-tape movie was great. terry's solo in that is legendary.

city of tiny lights - adrian belew. great stuff.

"I wanna be dead - in bed please kill me 'cause that would thrill me..."

Re: '80s tunes

TC wrote:today in the car i heard a flashback - that tune by a band called Slade, "Run run away." you know, "see the chameleon, lying there in the sun, all things to everyone, run run away."
i never noticed when that came out. i think i liked it.

yvan eht nioj.
Just to show you what an old geezer I am, I actually own that album on vinyl.

Good job darkness keep them focused! I think there medication is wearing of!!

Have no idea what THE HELL you were talking about! :mrgreen:
"Your just jealous the voices are only talking to ME!!"