Re: Ant Man (Wright, 2015)

saw this over the weekend, finally. thought it was great! i LOL'd many times. was perfectly in the spirit of the comic. rudd is perfect casting. marvel is so good at casting. can't wait for another and yeah
the avengers mentions/crossover were great.

He's one of many things I look forward to in Civil War. Knowing some spoilers it's pretty clear he'll have a large role.
"I'm like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one. . . . I'm not a schemer. I just do things."

darkness wrote:
TC wrote:my only problem with it is it fucks up my "one marvel movie per week until infinity war" thing.
You can watch two Marvel movies in a week. We won't tell.
lol, i mean it times perfectly if you do this. so i'll be way behind the timing of BP.

_Marcus_ wrote:So, should I watch the first Ant-man? That's the only MCU movie I haven't seen yet and Paul Rudd makes me keep my distance.
So you saw him in Civil War then. Just take that and stretch it to 2 hours and you know what to expect from Ant Man.
Just cut them up like regular chickens

saw the sequel over the weekend. it wasn't as fun as the first one, but it was pretty good. the post-credits scene was completely fucked up and certainly left us talking after it was over. otherwise probably not a whole lot to discuss. some chuckles here & there, a couple laughs, great effects - really, i could be describing any marvel movie at this point. which is kind of my point.

Finally watched Quantumania yesterday. It is just plain bad. A bad film. Really sad that they fucked up such a fuck character with whatever this nonsense was. I don’t even know how to describe to you how this was bad. Well, I’ll start with - you get Bill Murray to do a cameo and even that’s not good? That’s how fucked up this is. As my son said to me, it’s basically Star Wars, or some shitty b-side TV show in the Star Wars universe. Heroes are celebrating victory from previous thing, celebrating, bad thing happens, they all have to go to another “planet” to fix things before they can return home, they get separated, half of them have to figure out how to get to the other half, eventually the lead (which is somehow Michelle Pfeiffer in this) has to have long conversations with the big bad prior to fighting and losing, rest of the family shows up to save the day, complete with army of “rebels” to assist. Oh, go ahead and toss in the side story of a big bad who realizes he’s bad and wants to be good as a last act before dying. It’s just bad. Not good. Not good writing, not good production, not even a good story. I just don’t give a shit about Kang, which is probably not good as this is the next phase villain, no? Anyway, big oof from me here.