Servant

new M. Night Shyamalan on apple TV+

have been on the fence about ATV, knowing they tend to lean PG-13 at most, but this looks creepy as hell. will probably wait for reviews to come in, and for the full season to be done, but i do want to see this.

Re: Servant

two episodes in and this show is not what i thought it was based on the trailer. it has the potential to be really good, but we all know MKS loves to fuck everything up. i'll keep you posted.

also, rupert grint has a very good american accent. if i didn't know better, i'd say he was from NYC.

ok so s2 really upped the bonkers. that was fun. do recommend checking it out if you have the chance. it's a whole lot of WTF. the way they ended s2 could be setting up a major jump the shark turn in the show, but we'll see next year i guess.

Watching s3 and am caught up. I’m really kind of blown away that this show is able to continue to be good. On paper, it really shouldn’t be. But it’s really fucking good, actually. I think it’s the 30 min (ish) run time. Really keeps it on track and focused.
that fucking finger scene, holy shit. And then of course Leanne was right all along and the park was full of people trying to get her. And she doesn’t say anything? Crazy.
in the words of the man himself, joe bob says - check it out.

season took some hard left turns, all for the better. again i'm baffled that the show remains good beyond the initial plot of s1, which still pokes its head up now and then and i'm sure there will eventually be a reckoning. it's a really good kind of trash show. best thing MKS has done for sure. setting up another season very deftly.

finished the most recent and final season of this show. it was very good, wrapped pretty much the only way it could have. i appreciate M. Night allowing other directors to helm most of the episodes, including his daughter, but that does result in some unevenness in pace. there were some characters, plot points, etc., introduced then never talked about again as they raced to the end. that aside, this was a very good four-season run. the 30-minute run times really helped this show, keeping it tight and tense. highly recommend this show, and the final season was pretty wild & violent. rupert grint was fantastic in it, and gets the final shot, which was something M. Night couldn't resist doing i'm sure, but it works. if you haven't check out this show, now that it's wrapped, you should. very bingeable.