Re: [Movie] Indianna Jones IV

klimov wrote:Indy without Ford = :smith:
Yeah, the smart thing would be to just let the franchise end. Well, the smart thing would have been to stop after the third film for that matter. But Disney paid all that money for Lucasfilm, so they're going to milk every property then can from it.
Just cut them up like regular chickens

everyone has their favorite bond, why not indy? i mean, if they're going to make action/adventure/treasure-finding films, might as well use the existing property they own. i've got no particular loyalty to ford as indy after that last film. also, i'm a big fan of Not Shia.

TC wrote:everyone has their favorite bond, why not indy? i mean, if they're going to make action/adventure/treasure-finding films, might as well use the existing property they own. i've got no particular loyalty to ford as indy after that last film. also, i'm a big fan of Not Shia.
Same. As long as LeBoff ain't in it, I'm ok with Ford not being in it as well. He absolutely pissed all over his first three performances with the fourth film anyway.

I'd rather see Pratt than Shia, that's for sure. But I think Ford is tied to the character a lot more than Connery was with Bond, and the films were a bigger part of a lot of people's childhoods. I don't hold the last one against him, he gave a good performance, it's not his fault the story and script were shit. Also, considering how awful most of those Roger Moore Bond's are, I'm not sure that's a great argument. On Her Majesties Secret Service would have been outstanding, probably the best Bond film, had Connery been in it, but alas that didn't happen. I could make a case that after Connery most of the Bonds movies were crap and they should have stopped with him. His are certainly the ones I rewatch the most.

Pratt as Star Lord and Indy...basically the new Harrison Ford. Would never have thought that the tubby guy from Parks and Rec would end up in that spot, but OK, fine.
"I'm like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one. . . . I'm not a schemer. I just do things."

Alexhead wrote:Pratt as Star Lord and Indy...basically the new Harrison Ford.
And he's tossing in a dinosaur adventure for good measure.
This is a snakeskin jacket. And for me it's a symbol of my individuality and my belief in personal freedom.

TC wrote:in the next GotG, he HAS to wear a Mouse Rat shirt at some point, right?
Good one. :haw:

(Wife and I finally started watching Parks and Rec.)
This is a snakeskin jacket. And for me it's a symbol of my individuality and my belief in personal freedom.

Re: Indiana Jones V

it's been almost 12 years since the last post here on this topic. i still really don't believe this is actually happening...
SuperheroHype wrote:Mads Mikkelsen Compares Indiana Jones 5 To Raiders of the Lost Ark

The next Indiana Jones film is still well over a year away, but we don’t know very much about it. All we know for sure is that Harrison Ford will once again don a fedora hat in his iconic role, alongside a new cast of characters. Mads Mikkelsen is one of the standouts among Indiana Jones 5′s new additions. And while Mikkelsen isn’t at liberty to share any spoilers, he did make a very favorable comparison between the new Indy film and the original.

“[Raiders of the Lost Ark] was one of my favorite films,” said Mikkelsen during an interview with The Hollywood Reporter. “It just oozed that golden period of serials from the 1940s — and that’s in the fifth film as well. They’re going heavily back to the first and second film and getting that original feel, the original Indy, something dense and epic.”

“It felt like a [Steven] Spielberg film, though it’s obviously [director] James [Mangold] making it with the same vision,” added Mikkelsen.

As for any concerns about Ford’s age interfering with his performance, Mikkelsen also praised his co-star’s physical condition.

“It was the first time I met [Ford], and he’s an insanely powerful person,” noted Mikkelsen. “Not just as an actor, but physically. I remember the first day we were shooting, it was a night shoot, then we stopped at 5 a.m. — and then he got on his mountain bike and went biking for 50 kilometers. Harrison is a monster of a man, a very nice monster.”

Indiana Jones 5 will hit theaters on June 30, 2023.

Re: Indiana Jones And The Dial Of Destiny

klimov wrote: 11/04/23, 00:19:19 Any remaining enthusiasm just evaporated I'm afraid. CGI dripping from the gills, nasty digital cinematography that's completely out of place and the unbearable PWB in every scene. This is going to make Crystal Skull look like a masterpiece.
Funny you say that, i saw a pro-Crystal Skull piece the other day, which was a first. But, have to disagree, this looks better than that. I’d rather watch this trailer 50 times than the monkey chase again.

Re: Indiana Jones And The Dial Of Destiny

Hopefully this won't be like SW, where everyone thinks the prequels are shit, then the sequels come out and everyone's like, you know, maybe those prequels weren't so bad after all. I'm rooting for this to be good, but my gut says disaster is coming. Apparently this thing has been shot and edited and reshot and re-edited over and over because it keeps testing horribly and even Bob Iger is pissed off at all the time and money waste. No one can seem to make a workable film out of what's been shot, and word is Kathleen Kennedy asked for more time to try to fix it and do more re-shoots and was told no, Disney is tired of throwing money after this film. That all doesn't sound promising.