Re: American Horror Story (FX)

Every season of this show is tedious to get through about about twice as many episodes as there is story for. I think I'm several seasons beyond at least. The last one I watched was set in the 80s. Though I might have missed some seasons before that. Even Stevie Nicks couldn't make this show good.
Just cut them up like regular chickens

Season 8 was “Apocalypse”, which was the only season i didn’t finish, until now, for the same reasons as the current season. AHS 1984 was season 9, thought that was pretty great, at least the construct was. season 10 was “Double Feature”, which essentially means two different stories. The first half of the season is about vampires, the second half is about aliens. It was great. Season 11 (current) is NYC, about a serial killer targeting gays. At least, that’s what it purports to be about - there is an undercurrent of “government experiments at plum island” that gets mentioned about every other episode in passing, so who knows if that’s going to come back up. I won’t know, because i can’t take anymore of the hardcore, leatherman, brutal gay sex.

darkness wrote: 08/11/22, 18:53:06 So basically Ryan Murphy decided since he was already doing Dahmer he might as well save time writing an new show and do the same thing for AHS. I suppose I'll get around to AHS eventually, but I'm in no hurry.
Sort of, except Dahmer had at least one interesting character. Peters’ absence is extremely notable. The addition of Sandra Bernhard does not balance the scales here. Oof. Do not recommend.

American Horror Stories, Season 3 - as i said on the previous page in this thread, most of the episodes on s1 were good-to-great, s2 was mostly ok-to-good, so was curious about this season. it is a weird season. mostly going full body horror here, where 3 out of 4 episodes are about that. the outlier is episode 2, which is a "fresh" take on that movie Her, essentially, and the "dangers of AI" i guess. the fourth episode is pretty much the same idea as the most recent david cronenberg film. it's all... fine, i guess? nothing great here, other than seeing Dan from Veep drive episode 2. he also made an appearance on the most recent season of Creepshow. guy deserves more work. anyway, this show seems to be funneling. feels like Murphy is out of ideas.