Oh Noes...

Clerks 3
clerks3.jpg
guess he just completely bailed on 'Hit Somebody' after 'Goon'.

i predict that this will blow donkey balls.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Oh Noes...

I saw the facebook update, he's been typing for two hours and it will be his best work evar. Because anything with "III" in the title is always the best evar.
"I'm like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one. . . . I'm not a schemer. I just do things."

Alexhead wrote:I saw the facebook update, he's been typing for two hours and it will be his best work evar. Because anything with "III" in the title is always the best evar.
yeah, just look at godfather 3. wait... um... jaws 3! no..... can't think of one.

more importantly... you follow smith on fb?

No, your commenting on it came up in my facebook feed. I trust your comment included the phrase "blow donkey balls."
"I'm like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one. . . . I'm not a schemer. I just do things."

haha. no, i asked him what happened to hit somebody & if he just bailed on it after goon.

honestly, i couldn't tell you if clerks 2 was any good. i couldn't finish it. he'll never make another clerks or mallrats, and given the direction he went with red state, i'm just fine with that. really don't see the reason for this, but eh. if i had enough money to only do what amused me, i would too, so good on him i guess.

From what I saw of Red State--the most professional-looking movie I think I've seen his name attached to--I got the impression he could go on to a fine directing career if he could get over the idea that he, Kevin Fucking Smith, had something unique and highly creative to actually say. Because he really, really doesn't. But at this point he should know how to run a set and execute a given genre, I could see a gun for hire role serving him well if he'd get his stupid ego out of the way in other words.

TC, you actually missed the only really good part of Clerks II which was the last 20 minutes. I thought it wrapped things up nicely and brought the characters full circle. Which is why there's absolutely no need for Clerks III. My guess is the main focus of this film will be Dante coming to grips with being a father, with his wacky sidekick Randal along for for the ride and hilarity will ensue.
The reason Red State looks professional has everything to do with Dave Klein and little to do with Smith. Klein has actually grown as a DP and learned a lot since his initial working with Smith days.
Smith's real problem is pot. Most people handle it with no trouble. But since he started smoking it's clearly affected his writing skills to where he can't tell what's good or not. It's also made him paranoid.
Just cut them up like regular chickens

Re: Recent movie/TV playlist

Clerks 3 - The first ten minutes aren't too bad, then it goes straight in the shitter. It goes without saying it's overly self-referential, it's a Kevin Smith film after all. But this is meta Smith on steroids. A large portion of this film is essentially watching them film scenes we saw in Clerks. I guess that's one way to lazily kill time. The characters of Dante and Randall get reset in every Clerks film and we end up rehashing the same issues over again. The third act of this film goes way into WTF territory, and not in a good way. I guess if you really have nothing new to say, go for the easy movie trope. And holy fuck have I never noticed until now just how awful an actor Brian O'Halloran really is. He never had to carry so much serious, emotional dialog and scenes as he does here, and he is not up to it. It's especially bad in the scenes where he's acting against Rosario Dawson. Clerks 2 was about the slacker characters having to deal with adulthood and coming to terms with where their life is. Despite all Smith's talk of how his near death experience changed him, I have no idea what the hell this film is trying to say.

sounds like my prediction was correct lol. after the travesty that was the last Jay & Silent Bob film, i don't know why i would even bother with this.

it's becoming more and more amazing that red state was even good.

If he had just stuck with the main premise of the Clerks films, namely Clerks bullshitting about pop culture and other shit, which is what the first 10 minutes is, it'd probably be okay. Maybe not Citizen Kane, but at least a chuckle now and then enough to make me feel like I didn't waste my time. But no, instead we're just suppose to get a cinematic hard on by seeing a string of people who were in the original Clerks. "Oh look, it's the same egg guy!" "Oh look, it's the milk maid!" This film is ridiculously self-referential even by normal Kevin Smith standards. And then the third act happens and you're wondering what the hell point Smith is trying to make.