RIP Julee Cruise

goddamn this sucks.
DailyMail wrote:Julee Cruise dies aged 65: Singer best known for Twin Peaks theme Falling 'left this realm on her own terms' after battle with Lupus, her husband reveals
  • Edward Grinnan said she listened to B52's 'Roam' as she passed away aged 65
  • Julie first teamed up with Twin Peaks creator David Lynch in 1986 on Blue Velvet
  • In 1990 she appeared alongside Nicolas Cage and Laura Dern as The Dreamself of the Heartbroken Woman in theatre production of 'Industrial Symphony No. 1'
Singer Julee Cruise has died aged 65 after battling ill health.

Best known for her song Falling, which was used as the theme tune for serial mystery drama Twin Peaks, Cruise passed away four years after revealing she was fighting autoimmune condition Lupus.

Her husband, Edward Grinnan, wrote on Facebook: 'She left this realm on her own terms.

'No regrets. She is at peace... I played her [B-52's song] 'Roam' during her transition. Now she will roam forever. Rest in peace, my love.'

Cruise, who was born in Iowa, first teamed up with Twin Peaks creator David Lynch in 1986 on his film Blue Velvet, which prominently featured 'Mysteries of Love', her collaboration with Angelo Badalamenti.

In 1990, she appeared alongside Nicolas Cage and Laura Dern as The Dreamself of the Heartbroken Woman in the director's theatre production 'Industrial Symphony No. 1' and also appeared as a singer in 'Twin Peaks', as well as featuring in movie spin-off 'Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me' and revival show 'Twin Peaks: The Return' in 2017.

She previously said of their working relationship: 'It's like I'm his little sister. You don't like your older brother telling you what to do.

'David's foppish. He can have these tantrums sometimes. And have you ever seen his temper? Anybody can look funny when they get mad. But I love him.'

Julee - who also toured as a member of the B-52s in the 1990s and sang alongside Pharrell Williams on Handsome Boy Modeling School's song 'Class System' - announced in 2018 she had been diagnosed with lupus and was in a lot of pain.

Cruise first announced that she had systemic lupus in March 2018, telling friends on her Facebook page: 'I can hardly walk. And now it's difficult to stand. My spine is crumbling and pinching on nerves.

'I don't take opiates, but the pain is so bad I cry and snap at people.

'I've had a glorious time... but I must leave here. Someone wise told me I must go, and so being a recluse, it's law and boredom for me.

'Thanks so much but everything. That's my final curtsy...'
RIP sweet lady.