shows i will never watch

so i've been home sick for a couple days & flipping around the tube. man, there are some shitty shows on TV. i should say, shitty SOUNDING shows, as i've seen previews for tons of shows that i could never envision actually watching. things like:

Make Me A Supermodel
I Want To Look Like a High School Cheerleader

i'm sure there are more but i can't remember right now. you have more?

also, i've heard that with the writers' strike we can look forward to many more "reality" shows on TV starting next month, and most of them three nights a week.

i'm seriously questioning whether or not the television was a good invention.

Unfortunately, I've seen a few episodes of Project Runway.

I had to sit through "The worlds most smartest supermodel" or something like that the other day.

I put up with a lot of shit for my wife.

Why?
Are you propositioning me? I taste like candy and you want the recipe?

I won't be watching that show with Michael Bolton leading a Christmas choir.
This is a snakeskin jacket. And for me it's a symbol of my individuality and my belief in personal freedom.

My wife likes some of the reality crap (no, she's not an idiot, she's got a Master's Degree but likes to wind down with trash) so I get to see some of the ones listed here...and yes, they're all crap. We do make a habit of watching The Soup on Friday nights, which is actually the perfect smartass review of the week's reality crap.
"I'm like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one. . . . I'm not a schemer. I just do things."

Soup and all variations rule. i even liked the original talk soup with kinear, but this new guy is better.

don't get me wrong, i'm not completely opposed to reality shows on principle, just that the ones listed in this thread - the idea for them - they have to be terrible.

i watch whenever possible Top Chef. fucking awesome show, and you can learn things.

that's about it for reality TV for me these days. i mean, if it's convenient and there is not a hockey game on, i'm sure i'll watch the beginning rounds of american idol just to see the terrible auditions, but i can't stand that show anymore. i just can't deal with secrest.

Alexhead wrote:no, she's not an idiot, she's got a Master's Degree but likes to wind down with trash
OK, I'll admit to sitting through some really bad TV of my own free will. Stuff like:

The Hills (though I suspect this is at least 90% scripted)
A Shot at Love with Tila Tequila
The Girls Next Door

Yes, go ahead, laugh. I deserve it. :P
This is a snakeskin jacket. And for me it's a symbol of my individuality and my belief in personal freedom.

Re: shows i will never watch

TC wrote:if we had kept up with this thread, it would be seventeen thousand pages long by now. the TV landscape is just fucking ridiculous these days.
Yeah I am constantly amazed at how many shows you manage to keep up with. Or anyone else, for that matter. It's too much. And, ironically, there seems to be too many good shows out there.