Board index General Celluløid Output

Recent movie playlist

Film/Celeb/TV/DVD news, reviews & discussion.

Re: Recent movie playlist

Postby _Marcus_ on 01/05/21, 17:05:56

Willy's Wonderland - A completely stupid, fun Nic Cage-vehicle clearly based on the Five Nights at Freddy's-games. Cagedoesn't speak a word throughout the film and yet his presence is very much felt. It's not his best performance, not even close, but he has the intensity to make this dumb film work. Have to say I really like late era Cage. Mandy (!), Color out of Space and this - he's doing good work.
_Marcus_
Øne øf Us
Øne øf Us

Postby TC on 02/05/21, 07:30:45

yeah i’m anxious to see that.
TC
Muad'Dib
Muad'Dib

Postby TC on 03/05/21, 07:30:22

TC wrote:The Queen’s Gambit - finally started watching this. two episodes in, it’s great. really loving it. didn’t know i needed a show about a drugged-out chess savant, but apparently i did. anna taylor joy is going to be a force for a long time.

this show was fucking great. loved it. apparently based on a novel. i saw kasparov was a technical consultant too. really fantastic show, and she’s a force.
TC
Muad'Dib
Muad'Dib

Postby TC on 05/05/21, 03:41:55

This Is A Robbery: The World’s Biggest Art Heist - well, the world’s biggest gallery heist, anyway. i assume they aren’t talking about nazis here. anyway, this show was another pretty fascinating yet ultimately frustrating netflix documentary about the 1990 art theft from boston’s gardner museum. what is essentially a four-part unsolved mysteries episode takes you down every rabbit hole the various agencies and detectives have gone down in the last 30 years but still ends where it started - 13 pieces of art are still missing. we’re talking rembrandt, vermeer, manet, degas, etc. $200 million valuation. the doc explores theories from an inside job by the acid-taking deadhead guard to the IRA and italian mob. really baffling that after all this time, with such recognizable pieces, not one has been found.
TC
Muad'Dib
Muad'Dib

Previous

Post a reply

Board index General Celluløid Output