Re: So.....

To be fair, Lynch also said Trump wasn't doing a good job. He said that Trump could be a template for other outsiders to shake up the system. Though personally I could got for a little stability right now.
Just cut them up like regular chickens

klimov wrote:“Trump could go down as one of the greatest presidents in history” - David Lynch

:roflmao:
When did Dirty Dave start hanging out with you?
This is a snakeskin jacket. And for me it's a symbol of my individuality and my belief in personal freedom.

moved this here as it's clearly about politics. hey, remember the good ol' days when in order to know what a celebrity thought about something, you would have had to write them a letter asking them, they would have had to read it and for some reason reply to you, via letter? people didn't even talk about it on carson. they didn't want to alienate half their audience. i liked that system better.

So Lynch's people have come out to clarify his statements a bit on instagram etc. Clearly the first quote that klimov loved so much was taken out of context. It was part of a lengthier quote and Breitbart chose not to include that. If he actually liked Trump, there would be no need for him or his camp to do that.

However...

Of course I'm disappointed. Even though he doesn't endorse Trump as president and clearly didn't vote for the man, he still could have taken time out of his day/interview to denounce him as the monster that he is. Everything I know about Lynch says to me that he is welcoming and loving of all people, regardless of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation etc. He made a point of it in Twin Peaks s03 with Denise Bryson, for example. And given how outspoken Mark Frost is about his feelings towards Trump, I'm pretty sure Frost wouldn't work with Lynch so closely if the two of them didn't share most of the same world view.

He could have handled this so much better and I really wanted him to be crystal clear on Trump. He didn't, he wasn't and that is a tough pill to swallow for me.

_Marcus_ wrote:So Lynch's people have come out to clarify his statements a bit on instagram etc. Clearly the first quote that klimov loved so much was taken out of context. It was part of a lengthier quote and Breitbart chose not to include that. If he actually liked Trump, there would be no need for him or his camp to do that.

However...

Of course I'm disappointed. Even though he doesn't endorse Trump as president and clearly didn't vote for the man, he still could have taken time out of his day/interview to denounce him as the monster that he is. Everything I know about Lynch says to me that he is welcoming and loving of all people, regardless of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation etc. He made a point of it in Twin Peaks s03 with Denise Bryson, for example. And given how outspoken Mark Frost is about his feelings towards Trump, I'm pretty sure Frost wouldn't work with Lynch so closely if the two of them didn't share most of the same world view.

He could have handled this so much better and I really wanted him to be crystal clear on Trump. He didn't, he wasn't and that is a tough pill to swallow for me.
Link to clarifications?
This is a snakeskin jacket. And for me it's a symbol of my individuality and my belief in personal freedom.

Well, it wasn't a clarification so much as them including the entire section of the interview and not just that one, tiny quote. But just the fact that they felt compelled to do it at all speaks volumes, I feel.

Aaaaaand.... here’s the video! :roflmao:

[youtube][/youtube]

Banish it to the wrong forum all you like, but if there’s more entertaining (or reported on) Lynch news to be had this year I’ll be quite surprised.

Aaaand breathe.

From his Facebook page:
"Dear Mr. President,

This is David Lynch writing. I saw that you re-tweeted the Breitbart article with the heading – Director David Lynch: Trump ‘Could Go Down as One of the Greatest Presidents in History.’ I wish you and I could sit down and have a talk. This quote which has traveled around was taken a bit out of context and would need some explaining.

Unfortunately, if you continue as you have been, you will not have a chance to go down in history as a great president. This would be very sad it seems for you – and for the country. You are causing suffering and division.

It’s not too late to turn the ship around. Point our ship toward a bright future for all. You can unite the country. Your soul will sing. Under great loving leadership, no one loses – everybody wins. It’s something I hope you think about and take to heart. All you need to do is treat all the people as you would like to be treated.

Sincerely,

David Lynch"
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

klimov wrote:Banish it to the wrong forum all you like, but if there’s more entertaining (or reported on) Lynch news to be had this year I’ll be quite surprised.
just seemed like a "cleverly concealed" way to start another politics thread, making it vaguely about lynch. color me surprised it actually stayed on lynch. but, it's here now, it can stay here.

i personally feel like lynch releasing an audiobook is much bigger news, but i like his films and art and stories and hearing him actually talk and don't really give a shit what he thinks about our country's politics. guess i'm weird.