Re: Godzilla (2014)

i heard two things about this: 1, it's the same footage shown last year at some con. 2, this film is actually backed by toho and thus is official canon, as opposed to that 1998 piece of shit.

good on both counts, and it looks very nice.

i'm annoyed that there seem to be a lot of white people in this movie. other than that, it looks good so far.

i sure hope godzooki is in it. "up from the depths, 30 stories high, breathing fire, his head in the sky - GODZILLA!!'
[youtube][/youtube]

_Marcus_ wrote:
Alexhead wrote:Is that Ligeti I hear? Love the halo jump, even if it's all very digital looking.
Yes, that was Ligeti wasn't it?
If it wasn't, it sure as hell was someone going for a Ligeti sound. Which is pretty goddamn perfect for a monster/disaster/horror flick, I've wondered before why so few use it.
"I'm like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one. . . . I'm not a schemer. I just do things."

DH wrote:Warner Bros. and Legendary Pictures have announced plans for "Godzilla: Awakening," a comic book prequel to their upcoming "Godzilla" reboot which is set decades before the film.

Director Gareth Edwards made the announcement in a video. The comic hits stores on May 7th, a bit over a week before the film's release on May 16th.