Firefox issue

So I finally got fed up with Google Chrome and downloaded Firefox, working fine so far but for some reason I can't log on here when I'm on Firefox. Any thoughts?
"I'm like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one. . . . I'm not a schemer. I just do things."

Re: Firefox issue

TC wrote:that's weird. what's it doing when you try to log on?
It just doesn't do...anything. My name and password remain typed in, but nothing happens. This is especially weird considering the very first time I loaded up Firefox and came over here, I was already logged in. Not the next time I came back, though.
"I'm like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one. . . . I'm not a schemer. I just do things."

This is a fresh install, correct? In which case, the fact that you were logged in on first visit is abnormal. I can only assume then that you imported data from Chrome during Firefox setup? If this is the case, I would indeed advise that you follow TC's advice: ensure that all extensions are disabled, and clear cookies & cache (Tools -> Clear Recent History -> Everything). Given that the browser itself is also validated for login sessions here on Ø, cookies imported from another browser would certainly have the potential to cause the problems that you are encountering. Also ensure that cookies are actually being properly accepted: in the Privacy tab of the Options menu, select "Accept cookies from sites", and in the "Keep until" drop-down menu, select "they expire".

Looks like the history clear, while not 100% effective in and of itself, was good enough to let me log in again. Thanks for the help.