Mmmmmmm

Want.

We've had a good six months use out of our 4S, so I'm not entirely bitter (a friend bought one literally a week ago, lolz)... Wondering how the new screen shape will effect compatibility between apps on the 4S/5. And a chip that's 2x faster?! Means our phone is going to be obsolete pretty quick... :wah:

Re: Mmmmmmm

my phone is such a piece of shit (HTC EVO 4G). i was eligible for an upgrade in june but i've been waiting for this device. already preordered. android's completely fractured ecosystem is fucked, i've had enough. can't wait to throw this thing into a river (not really, i'm recycling).

lots of folks saying they're not that excited, but thinner and lighter with twice the processor punch is quite exciting to me... Folks saying that the screen isn't as big at the Galaxy - but the Galaxy is too fucking big and clumsy imho, might as well buy a tablet in that case.

So Marcus, what's involved in games writing exactly? And how do you get into it? I've got a great idea for a game... :-)

klimov wrote:lots of folks saying they're not that excited, but thinner and lighter with twice the processor punch is quite exciting to me... Folks saying that the screen isn't as big at the Galaxy - but the Galaxy is too fucking big and clumsy imho, might as well buy a tablet in that case.

So Marcus, what's involved in games writing exactly? And how do you get into it? I've got a great idea for a game... :-)
Actually, its games journalism :) You go to college, study film and journalism, play fuckloads of games and then hope for the best ;)

Oh dear. Sounds like there are genuine issues with iOS6. Google Maps and You Tube have been removed from the install, and cannnot be downloaded from the App store. The replacement map app is apparently total shit. Really stupid corporate-minded move, wouldn't have happened under Jobs. We won't be updating for now.

klimov wrote:Oh dear. Sounds like there are genuine issues with iOS6. Google Maps and You Tube have been removed from the install, and cannnot be downloaded from the App store. The replacement map app is apparently total shit. Really stupid corporate-minded move, wouldn't have happened under Jobs. We won't be updating for now.
The youtube app was total crap, though. Never, ever used it. Worked about a thousand times better just using the website, even on the phone.

klimov wrote:wouldn't have happened under Jobs.
I wonder how many of Apple's poor decisions from now on will be followed up with that line, and how many that were made in the time of Jobs will be ignored.

Nah, however you cut it, this is the biggest fuck up at Apple in recent memory. Horrible word of mouth all over Facebook and Twitter, and just b/c they were too greedy to pay Google a few extra pennies. It's Vista all over again... Was offered a free upgrade to iOS6 this morning and turned it down.

klimov wrote:Yes, of course, but how many will be refusing to download it?
For some reason, I don't think the majority of the iphone users even know what iOS is, or at least what it really does. I'd say most will download it anyway, flaws and all. I know I have...

haven't had a need for maps yet so can't speak to that, but otherwise the phone is nice. i fucking hate the keyboard though, and unlike other vendors, apparently you can't change the keyboard on this thing without jailbreaking it. thanks, apple!