Re: Avs jerseys

Don't remember what happened at that game in November, but who pwnd who last night, eh? :metal:
"I'm like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one. . . . I'm not a schemer. I just do things."

um.... what would your take be? silly question. if he's even 80% foppa + 5% better than he was last time (which he says he is), he will be a monumental force.

what i want to know is why he doesn't have to pass through waivers like svatos, wellwood, and nabokov did....

Well, there's cautious optimism but I'd say at this point more emphasis on the cautious part, dude's been doing this on and off for what, 6 years now? I suppose the good news is he hasn't been getting beat up in the rink for that time, but nobody really thinks his foot is going to be 100% again. That said, sure, it'd be awesome to be able to throw him into the mix, he's Foppa. Although the Avs are probably in more need of a healthy Patrick Roy springing out of retirement and actually stopping some shots than they are more firepower. I think we're 3rd or 4th in the league in goals scored, we just can't get any decent defensive play to save our lives these days.
"I'm like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one. . . . I'm not a schemer. I just do things."

Well, Foppa returned for two whole games, realized the Avs suck, and will be officially announcing his retirement from the NHL today. Not that he'd ever say it, but I can't help but wonder if he thought we could make any kind of playoff run he'd stick around. Oh well.

Oh yeah, I'm pretty much being a smartass...I think it all has a lot more to do with his foot than the rest, although between his 15 comeback attempts and our current shittyness, there has to be a full complement of factors involved. But at the end of the day I think it's the standard tale of a fantastic athlete fighting the truth of the matter, that his body isn't going to continue to perform and his playing days are over. That's got to suck, although I'm sure the tens of millions of dollars and the endless stream of hot women and the legendary status all help.

wow, hahaha - guess i should be thanking you. last night we scored the most goals we've scored in a game since 1994 with stewart getting 2 and shaptainkirk with the helper.

you get shut out 4-0 while anderson throws a shutout up north.

meltdown in mile-high town?

I hate to see Johnson go, but I'm happy with the return, and I fear that in St. Louis he would 'always' be "a former first round who hasn't yet lived up to his potential". Even when he's 35.
Are you propositioning me? I taste like candy and you want the recipe?

Yeah, I certainly hope there's a hot shit goalie prospect out there in the draft, we should have a very high pick this year. It's like we've turned into Saint Louis (yes, gloaters, that's a fuck you :twisted: ) Very sad to see them give up on Stewart, he's been injured all year but when healthy has all the skills in the world. That said, we still have some good forwards, what we needed and still need are defensemen. One of the reasons Anderson had a bad year was no help in front of him. One of the other reasons is that the Avs made a perfectly reasonable contract extension offer to him in the offseason and he turned it down and decided to pout. Unfortunately, he needed to go. We'll see if he's consistent up North. If our last jackass GM had just re-signed Theodore 5 or so years back, we wouldn't be in this position. But the days of Pierre LaCroix running the franchise are long gone, and current ownership (Stan Wal Mart Kroenke) only gives a shit about basketball anyway so they're not spending anything. They are going to try and sell us on "exciting young talent" from here on out, and say they need to save their money to re-sign their exciting young talent so they can't go get free agents. I have stopped watching as they've obviously given up, will be curious to see if they can go get Roy now to coach (Sacco will doublessly be scapegoated and fired).