YouTube videos...

Anyone else have a problem viewing videos on here? Like the Toskola one. I can see it on est1967 fine, but here it's just a blank white box. ???
Last edited by Storm13 on 24/03/08, 21:44:39, edited 1 time in total.
Are you propositioning me? I taste like candy and you want the recipe?

Re: YouTube videos...

you mean like this?
goaliethread.png
i thought it was just me, as i've been having issues with flash & firefox....

hm. anyone else?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ok, von has confirmed he gets it too. he's the "mod tech" for lack of a better term here, so he'll eventually check it out. thanks everyone for pointing it out. it's seemingly random - not ALL youtube vids, not ALL other vids, etc.

The broken videos in my own and Mike's posts are because the URL is wrong (see my post above re: YouTube videos). The one in Kanuck's post is because it's some moon format.

Basically, the problem was that the tag was forcing the content MIME type, and this broke videos that weren't that particular "type" of flash (don't ask). Now that no MIME type is being forced, when you fuck the URL up or use some moon format, your browser doesn't know what the content actually is. Fortunately, broken YouTube links are easy enough to fix - change watch?v=blah to /v/blah.

Edit: Kanuck's link is in RealPlayer format (retard). For that to work inline, you'd need a specific RealPlayer plugin for your browser, which doesn't exist. You might as well just embed a .exe.

Von wrote:The broken videos in my own and Mike's posts are because the URL is wrong (see my post above re: YouTube videos). The one in Kanuck's post is because it's some moon format.
Except that now that you "fixed" it it doesn't work for me anymore, where as it used to be one of the few that did. Oh well, it wasn't that exciting a video. I'd say about 3/4 of the ones do work at least, which is better than before.

darkness wrote:Except that now that you "fixed" it it doesn't work for me anymore, where as it used to be one of the few that did. Oh well, it wasn't that exciting a video. I'd say about 3/4 of the ones do work at least, which is better than before.
This post, right? (note to self: need to fix link colours). Can I get a screenshot of what you're seeing? Make sure to clear your cache too.