Led Zeppelin reunion

So it's finally happening:
Led Zeppelin to return to stage
By CHRIS LEHOURITES
Associated Press Writer
Led Zeppelin fans from around the world descended Monday on London to see the legendary rock 'n' roll band perform a full set for the first time in nearly three decades.

Led by its three surviving members — singer Robert Plant, guitarist Jimmy Page and bassist-keyboardist John Paul Jones — Led Zeppelin will be joined by the late John Bonham's son Jason on drums for the benefit show Monday at the O2 Arena.

Led Zeppelin has not played a full set since 1980, the year John Bonham died after choking on his own vomit. Robbed of "Bonzo's" pulsing drums, the band decided it couldn't go on and split up on Dec. 4, 1980.

Now, with an estimated 20 million fans vying for tickets pared down to a lucky 18,000 or so — including one who paid more than $168,000 for his pair — most of the rest are hoping for more tour dates.
Have to admit, I'm curious to see the setlist. And if they don't tour, I'll survive - I can only take so much Robert Plant anyway. (Not that average schmucks like us could get tickets ...)
This is a snakeskin jacket. And for me it's a symbol of my individuality and my belief in personal freedom.

Seeing Page/Plant at Red Rocks about 6 or 7 years ago was good enough for me. Fantastic show, but I'm guessing each intervening year hasn't exactly helped Plant's pipes.
"I'm like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one. . . . I'm not a schemer. I just do things."

Alexhead wrote:I'm guessing each intervening year hasn't exactly helped Plant's pipes.
Well he continues to get good notices for his solo work, but for me he was always the least interesting member of the band.
This is a snakeskin jacket. And for me it's a symbol of my individuality and my belief in personal freedom.

I'm a fan of all of 'em, especially Page. Haven't bought a solo album of Plant's for a long time but listened to his stuff pretty regularly in high school.
"I'm like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one. . . . I'm not a schemer. I just do things."

The setlist, courtesy Blabbermouth:
01. Good Times, Bad Times
02. Ramble On
03. Black Dog
04. In My Time Of Dying
05. For Your Life
06. Trampled Under Foot
07. Nobody's Fault But Mine
08. No Quarter
09. Since I've Been Loving You
10. Dazed and Confused
11. Stairway To Heaven
12. The Song Remains the Same
13. Misty Mountain Hop
14. Kashmir

Encore:

15. Whole Lotta Love
16. Rock and Roll

Jason Bonham? :wink:

Pro footage of Black Dog:

<embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed>

I have to remember to grab this from bittorrent tonight. I'm sure somebody made a good audio recording. That's a great setlist!

I'm totally addicted to the new XM station LED that plays nothing but Zeppelin (and some solo stuff by them).

Listening to the show for the second time now. Not bad. If they do a tour (has that been announced yet?) and come to Denver, I will definitely try to get tickets. I never got to see any of the Page/Plant tours, and I'm a big fan of JPJ anyway, so it wouldn't have been the same.

big d note wrote:Listening to the show for the second time now. Not bad. If they do a tour (has that been announced yet?) and come to Denver, I will definitely try to get tickets. I never got to see any of the Page/Plant tours, and I'm a big fan of JPJ anyway, so it wouldn't have been the same.
upload it you douche.

klimov wrote:Oh look, there's Paxo. Who are Black Dog?
har har.

TC wrote:
big d note wrote:Listening to the show for the second time now. Not bad. If they do a tour (has that been announced yet?) and come to Denver, I will definitely try to get tickets. I never got to see any of the Page/Plant tours, and I'm a big fan of JPJ anyway, so it wouldn't have been the same.
upload it you douche.
It's 600 MB of FLAC files and I don't have a way to convert to mp3 right now. I got the torrent from thetradersden.org if you want to grab it from there too. It'd probably be faster than using megaupload or something to share it.

If you listen to this show, don't get disappointed and give up too soon. The first 3 songs are really pretty meh and they seem to be feeling each other out. They finally get into a groove on In My Time of Dying and really do a good job on For Your Life and keep rolling from there. Dazed and Confused has some sloppy jamming (Page and Jason Bonham can't quite get it together). The Song Remains the Same is still one of my least favorite LZ songs, so that's another low point for me. Overall it's a good show though. Not Zeppelin in their prime, but a good reunion show. Better than Cream I would say.

klimov wrote:Oh look, there's Paxo. Who are Black Dog?
Stockhausen's short-lived rock band. They used to get on stage and hit themselves in the heads with hammers while barking in no particular rhythm. It was breathtaking, groundbreaking stuff.

And (perhaps) the tour starts to come together...
By ERIC TALMADGE, Associated Press Writer
Mon Jan 28, 8:04 AM ET

TOKYO - Led Zeppelin guitarist Jimmy Page said Monday he was ready to take the iconic band on a world tour after burning up the stage at last month's reunion concert in London. But it probably won't be before September.

"The amount of work we put into O2 was what you would normally put into a world tour anyway," Page, 64, said of the intense rehearsing the band did for the Dec. 10 concert at London's O2 Arena.

The band's three surviving members — Page, singer Robert Plant and bassist-keyboardist John Paul Jones — were joined at the sold-out benefit show by the late John Bonham's son Jason on drums.

Page, who was in Japan to promote the new Zeppelin release, "Mothership," said the two-hour-plus concert was proof that Led Zeppelin can still perform at its best.

He said the band, which formed in 1968, was ready musically to get back together and take it out on a wider run, but it was not clear when it would go on tour as the singer had other plans.

"Robert Plant has a parallel project and he is busy with that until September," Page said.

Plant and bluegrass star Alison Krauss will begin their world tour with a run of shows in the southern U.S. this spring. The two released an album in October called "Raising Sand" that debuted at No. 2 on the Billboard chart in the U.S. The duo will tour Europe in May before returning for North American shows still to be announced for June and July.

Page said the band set their standards very high before agreeing to do the reunion, their first in 20 years. Led Zeppelin broke up in 1980 after the elder Bonham's death.

Page said they rehearsed for weeks, apprehensive that the cohesion they had in the 1970s when they were at their peak might be hard to rediscover.

"We wanted people who might not have even been alive in 1980 when we finished to understand what we were," he said.

Page said all went well until he broke a finger in three places, forcing the band to postpone the show for several weeks.

"But we did the show, and it was great," he said. "It was instant in terms of chemistry."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080128/ap_ ... d_zeppelin[/quote]

harmo wrote:Wow, that Black Dog clip sounded rough...I think I prefer to remember them as they were about 35 years ago.
Like I said above, don't judge this show by the first 3 songs. They got much better after that. I'd try like hell to get tickets if they go on tour.