Lombardo to play on Slayer's next album

Sunday, October 13th 2002
SLAYER drummer Dave Lombardo has once again reaffirmed his desire to play on the group's forthcoming studio effort, which is not expected to surface before 2004 at the earliest.
"I didn't jump in right away and say, 'OK, yeah, I wanna do this and that,' " Lombardo told MTV.com about his decision to record the next album. "I did a European tour and two U.S. tours, and I wanted to really get the vibe of how they were and if they wanted me to do the next record."

According to Dave, guitarist Jeff Hanneman was the first to tell Lombardo he should record with the band again. Then singer/bassist Tom Araya reiterated those sentiments, as did the band's management. Only guitarist Kerry King hasn't voiced a strong opinion.

"I got a couple hints here and there from Kerry, but I wasn't really sure if he wanted me," Lombardo said. "I really haven't spoken much to him about it, but I'm definitely in."

"This isn't going to be happening for a while," Lombardo reiterated. "They've taken two or three years to do records before, so I'm sure I can expect the same."
Hrm, if Dave brings half the intensity he showed on Testament's "The Gathering," Slayer might actually release an album that wasn't half shit and half mediocre for the first time in a decade...
:metal:
This is a snakeskin jacket. And for me it's a symbol of my individuality and my belief in personal freedom.

that's great news! i'll be posting my thoughts on 'The Gathering' soon, but this is only good for slayer. nice to have them back together again, ala Voivod....

i'll be posting my thoughts on 'The Gathering' soon
ready when you are, paisan!

:killer:
This is a snakeskin jacket. And for me it's a symbol of my individuality and my belief in personal freedom.