account pruning

i've spent a few hours deleting bogus accounts as well as 0-poster accounts. if you were a person (not a bot) and had a valid account that was deleted, this is your queue to participate when you re-register so we know you're real.

this will be an on-going effort until the userlist is tidy, so this announcement applies until further notice.

thanks.

I'm gonna miss all them spammers and bots.
This is a snakeskin jacket. And for me it's a symbol of my individuality and my belief in personal freedom.

Seems like the spammers have decided boards are the new email. I just had the fun of denying close to 100 new registrations from the last week alone for the dldb. Ether that or there are a lot of russian brides looking for cheap perscriptions who are really into Lynch.
Just cut them up like regular chickens

We've got visual confirmation, so how is it that bots still manage to register?
TC wrote:as soon as baseball stops being homosexual, i will.

visual confirmation isn't cryptic enough. there are programs out there that can read characters within images. all we can do is perhaps distort the images more, add more/other colors, etc.

TC wrote:ok, as of right now i'm finished. we have 95 actual users, or people that have registered at least.
damn, back up to almost 300. this sucks. captchas don't work.

All your base are belong to us.
This is a snakeskin jacket. And for me it's a symbol of my individuality and my belief in personal freedom.

Re: account pruning

TC wrote:i've spent a few hours deleting bogus accounts as well as 0-poster accounts. if you were a person (not a bot) and had a valid account that was deleted, this is your queue to participate when you re-register so we know you're real.

this will be an on-going effort until the userlist is tidy, so this announcement applies until further notice.

thanks.
I would just like to re-iterate this, as we make a further push against bogus accounts.