Finally--Aeon Flux, the movie (w/Charlize Theron)

Theron Takes Aim at 'Aeon Flux'
Fri Feb 27, 3:44 AM ET Add Movies - Reuters to My Yahoo!

By Chris Gardner

LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - Making a giant leap from playing a serial killer in "Monster," Oscar nominee Charlize Theron (news) could next find herself playing a futuristic assassin in a film based on the MTV cartoon series "Aeon Flux."

Created by Peter Chung, the MTV series revolved around a killer known for her extreme style, cool attitude, tight clothes and propensity for dying. The Paramount feature is targeting a June start. Karyn Kusama ("Girlfight") will direct.

Theron recently picked up best actress honors at the SAG Awards and the Golden Globe Awards (news - web sites) for her starring turn in Patty Jenkins' "Monster" for Newmarket Films. Theron starred in Paramount's remake of "The Italian Job" last year.

Reuters/Hollywood Reporter
"I'm like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one. . . . I'm not a schemer. I just do things."

holy shit! i had no idea. i'd have to see a script before passing judgement on this project, but unless all the pages are blank, i'm betting it will be a huge let-down, just like the regular series. as soon as they started talking i was out.

how are they going to increase the length of her legs by about two feet? :)

so, been seeing this trailer.... that scene where she's face-down over the razor-blade grass looks damn cool.... i'm wondering if they've managed to actually keep this true to the show.

still wish it were completely dialog-less, but oh well.

*crosses fingers*

I doubt it'll be that true to the show. They have to try to dumb it down for mainstream audiences, it's too weird for a big budget film otherwise. Though I don't know why they bother, the film is going to tank at the box office anyway. But at least it got us a nice new box set of the original series, so I won't complain too much. I can finally unload my original Aeon Flux dvd I bought way back in 1997.
Just cut them up like regular chickens

darkness wrote:But at least it got us a nice new box set of the original series, so I won't complain too much. I can finally unload my original Aeon Flux dvd I bought way back in 1997.
did it? i've got that same disc and was just watching it. what's on the new stuff?

The new set has the entire series, the pilot, all the shorts, a bunch of making of stuff, commentary and a few other Liquid Television shorts. Well worth the $30.

Not good. Just came over the newswire:
EDITORS:
We will not be moving a review of "Aeon Flux." The movie studio had scheduled a screening for Wednesday, then decided not to screen the film for critics at all. Studios typically do this when they expect a poor review.
The AP
Dang, the studio scheduled a screening, then wimped out. Can't recall that happening when I'd been reviewing movies.
This is a snakeskin jacket. And for me it's a symbol of my individuality and my belief in personal freedom.

Last film that happened with was The Fog. It seems to happen more and more these days.

Yeah, it used to be just Jean-Claude Van Damm movies or stuff like Halloween 16 that got this kind of handling. Now it's big-budget releases with top stars. And they still manage to open big.

Which goes to show that movie critics are completely irrelevant. :mrgreen:
This is a snakeskin jacket. And for me it's a symbol of my individuality and my belief in personal freedom.

Well, to box office they are. The Fog still opened at number one even with no or bad reviews. I don't know how well Aeon Flux will do with the Harry Potter (or as theater's sign I view while I was out of town was calling it, Harvey Potter) juggernaut still in theaters, but I'm sure it will do well despite few reviews.