Crazy Clown Time!

http://www.pitchfork.com/news/43525-dav ... s-karen-o/
We've been hearing about it for a long time, and now it's finally here: David Lynch's solo album of electronic pop. Here's the first thing you need to know about this album: It's called Crazy Clown Time. And here's the second thing: It features guest vocals from Yeah Yeah Yeahs leader Karen O on a song called "Pinky's Dream". Those are two very good reasons to get excited.

Crazy Clown Time arrives November 8 from Sunday Best Recordings. (In the U.S., it will be co-released by PIAS America.) Lynch wrote, produced, and performed the entire thing with help from engineer Dean Hurley, who also plays guitar and drums on several songs.
Below, listen to the early single "Good Day Today" and check out the album's tracklist. Read our interview with Lynch about his music here.

Crazy Clown Time:

01 Pinky's Dream
02 Good Day Today
03 So Glad
04 Noah's Ark
05 Football Game
06 I Know
07 Strange and Unproductive Thinking
08 The Night Bell With Lightning
09 Stone's Gone Up
10 Crazy Clown Time
11 These Are My Friends
12 Speed Roadster
13 Movin' On
14 She Rise Up
"I'm like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one. . . . I'm not a schemer. I just do things."

Re: Crazy Clown Time!

the full 'Good Day Today' EP isn't bad. it's not great either, but it's not bad. definitely a lynchian twist on pop, just not sure it's enough of a twist for my liking. it's pretty accessible. from memory, other songs on that ep that are listed above are i know, speed roadster and of course good day today. various mixes of each on it.

Good Day Today didn't do much for me. I actually am more interested in circling back and picking up Fox Bat Strategy, since I could probably listen to that dude who played on FWWM's "The Pink Room" play guitar all day.
"I'm like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one. . . . I'm not a schemer. I just do things."

Alexhead wrote:Good Day Today didn't do much for me. I actually am more interested in circling back and picking up Fox Bat Strategy, since I could probably listen to that dude who played on FWWM's "The Pink Room" play guitar all day.
aw shit, i didn't know that existed. now i have something to look forward to.... must find.

darkness wrote:Did that writer just diss Sheryl Lee's breasts? I feel a hate crime coming on.
yeah, not the only thing he dissed.

also, can't find this for less than a bill. damn. how the hell did i miss this? it's not like it was eons ago - i can count on one hand how many years ago it was. how did we not discuss this here? really kind of bummed.

It was expensive even back when it came out. I never got around to buying it because I think the least I ever saw the physical cd for even as a new release was about $35.
Just cut them up like regular chickens

And here's your cover art.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.