Lemmy & Lombardo do Ben E. King

Blabbermouth wrote:LEMMY Sings 'Stand By Me' With DAVE LOMBARDO Of SLAYER On Drums; Audio Available

On the soundtrack to the new Flip Skateboards film "Extremely Sorry", created by the producer Baron and released digitally this past Tuesday, Lemmy Kilmister (MOTÖRHEAD) — accompanied by Dave Lombardo of SLAYER on drums — sings a cover of BEN E. KING's classic song "Stand By Me" (hear audio below).

The collaboration came as a result of the film's director and star Geoff Rowley, who is massive fan of MOTÖRHEAD (Rowley is in the forthcoming "Lemmy" movie) and who is also especially fond of Lemmy's work in THE HEAD CAT and their 2006 release, "Fool's Paradise" (an album comprised entirely of covers), asked Lemmy if he would lend his vocals to Baron's instrumental re-imagining of "Stand By Me". Lemmy graciously accepted.

Following Baron and Lemmy's collaboration, Rowley interviewed Lemmy at the Rainbow Room in Hollywood for a feature in the November 2009 issue of the monthly skateboarding bible Thrasher magazine, which has now been posted online in video form on Thrasher's web site. Over the course of the four-part interview, Lemmy discusses THE BEATLES, SEX PISTOLS, life, death and his ongoing work on a forthcoming solo album.

The Flip Skateboards' "Extremely Sorry" soundtrack that includes "Stand By Me" by Baron featuring Lemmy Kilmister and Dave Lombardo is available now on iTunes via Volcom Entertainment.

"Stand By Me" featuring Lemmy and Dave Lombardo:
that's actually pretty cool.

Re: Lemmy & Lombardo do Ben E. King

I heard this the other day. Very cool cover. It was pretty shocking to hear Lemmy with such a melodic range. Dave's groovy drum business was fitting and tasty too.
Ride me a worm, you're a rider...
Walk without rhythm and you're a strider of deserts...