WHAT. THE. FUCK.

Slayer frontman Tom Araya and drummer Dave Lombardo have started a yet-unnamed Christian metal side project with ex-LIVING SACRIFICE (and more recently POD) guitarist, Jason Truby. The three have been jamming together since the end of the recent SLAYER tour with UNEARTH and they are presently looking for a second guitarist. Araya, who is Catholic, has commented several times in recent interviews that he and Lombardo don't necessarily subscribe to the lyrical contact of SLAYERS songs.
"We've been playing this kind of music with dark and anti-religious topics for a long time now and I feel like I need something new, something more positive in my life." Explained Araya. Chuckling, he continued, "I feel like I have to do some penance as a good Catholic, you know?" SLAYER fans need not worry though - when asked if he is disbanding SLAYER, Tom reassured his fanbase: "This new project will not interfere with SLAYER any more than my going to church has. It's just a small side thing at the moment."
When asked to comment on the side project, Kerry King had only this to say: "Whatever Tom and Dave need to do to exorcise their demons and keep the Slayer machine moving is OK with me. I wish them the best on their project."
:cross:

Well, if there ever was ANYTHING that would bring Slayer down... Man. Didn't think Lombardo was down with the god-thing as much as Araya was.

_Marcus_ wrote:Well, if there ever was ANYTHING that would bring Slayer down... Man. Didn't think Lombardo was down with the god-thing as much as Araya was.
me neither. this is disappointing.

They just know there's more money in fleecing the religious folk these days than in the thrash metal circuit.
Just cut them up like regular chickens

darkness wrote:They just know there's more money in fleecing the religious folk these days than in the thrash metal circuit.
Faith+1

TC wrote:Faith+1
See, life imiates art. Maybe they'll take Slayer songs and just substitute the word Jesus in them. For instance:

Strapped down screaming out to die
Jesus
Monarch to the kingdom of the dead
Infamous butcher,
Jesus

Works for me. :ay:
Just cut them up like regular chickens

darkness wrote:
TC wrote:Faith+1
See, life imiates art. Maybe they'll take Slayer songs and just substitute the word Jesus in them. For instance:

Strapped down screaming out to die
Jesus
Monarch to the kingdom of the dead
Infamous butcher,
Jesus

Works for me. :ay:
Better copyright that, Mike.
This is a snakeskin jacket. And for me it's a symbol of my individuality and my belief in personal freedom.

When will humankind learn that it's not okay to be a christian metal band?

Metal doesn't work for god. Metal works for metal. Even the thing with Satan is more of a limited partnership.

Disappointing.
Ride me a worm, you're a rider...
Walk without rhythm and you're a strider of deserts...

PZ wrote:When will humankind learn that it's not okay to be a christian metal band?

Metal doesn't work for god. Metal works for metal. Even the thing with Satan is more of a limited partnership.

Disappointing.
What is this shit.

Draegonis wrote:
PZ wrote:When will humankind learn that it's not okay to be a christian metal band?

Disappointing.
What is this shit.
truth?

Draegonis wrote:It's music, not a religion.
music is a religion. tainting it with brazen idolatry is lame.

TC wrote:music is a religion. tainting it with brazen idolatry is lame.
Music is a religion to you? I guess that explains the point of view. Well, I'll refrain from shitting on your religion then and bow out.

Draegonis wrote:
TC wrote:music is a religion. tainting it with brazen idolatry is lame.
Music is a religion to you? I guess that explains the point of view. Well, I'll refrain from shitting on your religion then and bow out.
why? all religions are fair game.

TC wrote:
Draegonis wrote:It's music, not a religion.
music is a religion. tainting it with brazen idolatry is lame.
Music can fulfill the same psychic requirements that religion does, with the added benefit that it avoids most of religion's pitfalls.

Now, Bokononist Metal......that I could get behind.
Ride me a worm, you're a rider...
Walk without rhythm and you're a strider of deserts...