Lord Of The Rings: The Rings Of Power [Amazon]

will update the title of this once we have a title, but today we have an image and a release date:
Amazon’s Lord of the Rings Release Date Comes With a Breathtaking First Look
Middle Earth will return on September 2, 2022 and a new photo has been revealed

Frodo’s journey to Mordor was a long and dire one and so too will the journey be to the next Lord of the Rings story. Filming on the first season of Amazon’s upcoming, ultra expensive, new show finished in New Zealand Monday and, to celebrate, the company announced that the show will debut on September 2, 2022. So yes, that’s over a year from now.

The show will debut in more than 240 countries and territories all over the world and new episodes will be released weekly. Along with the announcement came a brand new image, which you can see below. We have no clue who the person is but the architecture has a distinct Rivendell vibe, meaning it was likely built by the elves. Maybe Valinor.
lotr.amazon.jpg
What we do know is that the show will be set thousands of years before the events in J.R.R. Tolkien’s The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings books. The show takes place during the Second Age of Middle-earth which began rather peaceful, but turned out to be anything but, setting the stage for all the stories we’ve become familiar with thanks to Peter Jackson’s movies.

“The journey begins September 2, 2022 with the premiere of our original The Lord of the Rings series on Prime Video,” Jennifer Salke, Head of Amazon Studios, said in a press release. “I can’t express enough just how excited we all are to take our global audience on a new and epic journey through Middle-earth! Our talented producers, cast, creative, and production teams have worked tirelessly in New Zealand to bring this untold and awe-inspiring vision to life.”

J.D. Payne and Patrick McKay are running the as-yet-untitled show and had this to say about the news. “As Bilbo says, ‘Now I think I am quite ready to go on another journey.’ Living and breathing Middle-earth these many months has been the adventure of a lifetime. We cannot wait for fans to have the chance to do so as well.” The reality is, though, we have to wait. And it’s a long wait. But if the show is worthy of the huge investment Amazon has made in it, it’ll be very much worth it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by TC on 19/01/22, 09:54:29, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: updated with new title

Re: Lord Of The Rings: The Rings Of Power [Amazon]

now that we finished House Of The Dragon, we started watching this last night. two episodes in and, outside of the annoying casting choices that have been widely discussed on the internet at large, it's really great so far. i mean "wow" great. production value is top notch. it's jam-packed with action and end-of-the-world drama. i was extremely surprised, i figured it would be so-so at best, but i'm really enjoying it. hope the rest of the episodes hold this up.

Re: Lord Of The Rings: The Rings Of Power [Amazon]

The show blew me away. Really only one episode where i looked at the time remaining (the penultimate). It was overall fantastic. I went in with zero expectations and feel like the show just killed it. Captured the overall tone of the films and materials. And “most” of the casting was very good. I probably enjoyed it more than house of the dragon, tbh. If you held off checking this out, i’d recommend you remedy that. Kind of a drag waiting so long between seasons, but the production value on this show was off the charts. It was 8 short movies, essentially. Certainly film-quality VFX and the same camera trickery (i assume) used in the films for the size differences. It was seamless. Two big twists at the end that promise massive s2.