Search Party [2016-]

We are six or seven episodes into this, the first season that is, and it's amazing so far. Michael Showalter is co-creator but the humor is really not what you'd expect from him. It's just really well written and well acted dark comedy.

Re: Search Party [2016-]

every trailer i saw for this when it launched only made me want to punt every single cast member. if it's good, the trailer absolutely failed.

based on what you say, i will add it to my list. i've certainly checked out worse shows.

Without spoiling too much, I can say that yes - they are all in their own way people to you want to punch hard and repetedly in the face. But that is the brilliance of the show. The show itself sort of hates it's own characters in a way and makes it work. Also, the writing is so good that it makes you want to hear their story anyway. And they GO for character development over the course of the seasons. I can't really say anymore without spoiling it. Stick with it, it's well worth it.

Finished season 4 now and I just keep getting super impressed with everything this show does. The writing is key to everything though. They handle shifts betweeen dark, sometimes absurd comedy and truly good drama in a way I haven't seen in many other shows. And they make you really care for people you really shouldn't like, while also having great character development. Mandatory viewing.