Board index General Celluløid Output

For All Mankind [Apple TV+]

Film/Celeb/TV/DVD news, reviews & discussion.

For All Mankind [Apple TV+]

Postby TC on 16/01/21, 08:05:00

For All Mankind - AppleTV+ drama pitched as an alternate-history series ("what if the russians landed on the moon first and the space race never stopped?"), it sort of is. i mean, it is, but the "vs the russians" angle is almost ever only talked about. mostly just could have been pitched as "what if the apollo missions never stopped?" anyway, well-cast and acted, mostly. starts off slow...very slow. first few episodes are incredibly slow. eventually picks up. wish it were less heavy on the drama and more on the space, but i didn't stop watching it. i enjoyed it. don't know if there will be an S2 or not.
TC
Muad'Dib
Muad'Dib

Re: Recent movie playlist

Postby darkness on 16/01/21, 18:26:06

I thought it was pretty good, but agreed, it did start pretty slow. They seem to love to kill off major historical figures on the US side in this thing. Season 2 starts February 19.
Just cut them up like regular chickens
darkness
Øne øf Us
Øne øf Us

Re: Recent movie playlist

Postby TC on 17/01/21, 16:44:44

cool. yeah, and they made sure to present their opinions on every major social issue: race, sex, korea, vietnam, politics, gender gap, drugs, nazis... did i miss anything? i even think someone mentioned they hate cats, so pets is on the list too. i guess no one is transitioning yet, we'll see if they hit that in s2. i say this tongue in cheek, it wasn't really shoved in your face in a clear agenda-y way, given that all of those were hot topics of the time. still, some of that felt shoved into the story. like, if that one chick's husband (my namesake) hadn't been a vietnam vet, it wouldn't have changed one thing about the story. shrug. it felt very apple-y.
TC
Muad'Dib
Muad'Dib

Re: For All Mankind [Apple TV+]

Postby TC on 25/03/21, 06:59:59

s2 going well so far for me. Don’t know why but i’m enjoying it at least as much as s1. It’s still a very slow, methodical pace, but i’m liking it. While there’s still a lot going on, it feels like they’ve reined in the very high amount of side stories a bit this season. Let’s see where it goes...
TC
Muad'Dib
Muad'Dib

Postby TC on 20/04/21, 14:33:11

holy shit, after last week's episode, the s2 finale this week should be nuts. we've been calling it 'space of our lives' or 'the young and the spaceless' because, for a show about astronauts, it's typically light on space-things. not last week.
TC
Muad'Dib
Muad'Dib

Postby TC on 27/04/21, 16:10:45

yep, that season finale delivered. fucking bummed about the sad part (no spoilers), stoked about the other parts, and really amped for s3 now with that last teaser.
TC
Muad'Dib
Muad'Dib

Post a reply

Board index General Celluløid Output