Board index General Celluløid Output

Marvel/Disney+ series

Film/Celeb/TV/DVD news, reviews & discussion.

Marvel/Disney+ series

Postby darkness on 20/09/20, 21:56:04

I guess we might as well start one of these for Disney+ since we have Netflix and Hulu ones as well.

Trailer for WandaVision:

I'm not overly excited, but I did get a kick out of seeing them both in their comic costumes.
Just cut them up like regular chickens
darkness
Øne øf Us
Øne øf Us

Re: Marvel/Disney+ series

Postby TC on 21/09/20, 07:23:06

so... bewitched? can't really grasp what this show is about. but good to see these starting to show up. i still haven't gotten disney plus.
TC
Muad'Dib
Muad'Dib

Re: Disney streaming service

Postby TC on 11/12/20, 16:26:54

fuck yeah.
TC
Muad'Dib
Muad'Dib

Postby TC on 30/05/21, 05:52:44

So there was a discount on Disney+, and my credit card company had 15% cash back for Disney+ purchases, so I finally got in on it. First thing I watched was WandaVision. Binged all 9 episodes in one day. I was only planning on checking out the first one or two just to see how it was, but got sucked in. I really enjoyed the construct of it. Just really kind of a great idea. I enjoyed it less toward the end as it felt suddenly rushed and over-explained. But it was still enjoyable. Glad they’re officially making her the Scarlet Witch. The Halloween episode was quite amusing, seeing those costumes. What a throwback to the OG comics. Vision was just really well-acted, especially throughout the different sitcoms. But I am keenly aware that here’s yet another show about grief and loss that I enjoyed.
TC
Muad'Dib
Muad'Dib

Postby TC on 16/06/21, 08:11:05

The Falcon And The Winter Soldier - wrapped up s1 of this last night. i was loving that Dod from the incomparable Lodge 49 was "evil" cap! he rules. and of course The Alienist as Zemo. when i first saw him in the films, i hadn't seen that show. but he essentially plays the same guy, with the constant whisper-talk. dug the show, tons of action set pieces and not overly-preachy until the final episode, which tipped a little hard in that direction but still ultimately had a positive message i hoped people understood. i didn't watch Agent Carter but do dig the character and that actress, so will be interesting to see where this goes. so in my assessment, another pretty quality marvel show. very well thought-out and ties into the MCU quite nicely.
TC
Muad'Dib
Muad'Dib

Postby darkness on 17/06/21, 01:21:21

I actually liked the Falcon and the Winter Solider a lot more than I thought I would. From the trailer it looked like it was going to be a lot of mindless action but they really had some nice character development. I'd say episode five is probably some of the best stuff Marvel has produced. The final episode felt a bit rushed and Sharon Carter kind of shoehorned in to the whole series. Those would be my only nitpicks.
Just cut them up like regular chickens
darkness
Øne øf Us
Øne øf Us

Postby TC on 17/06/21, 06:39:20

Yeah, agreed.
TC
Muad'Dib
Muad'Dib

Post a reply

Board index General Celluløid Output