Dispatches From Elsewhere

this show, loosely based on the doc "The Institute" (which i haven't seen yet but i'm familiar with the events), is shaping up nicely. i will withhold final judgement until the season is over, but so far, it is very odd, off the wall, and interesting, which fills the void left by Lodge 49 for me. i know it's only 4 episodes in (5th tonight), but i do recommend giving it a shot. again, will withhold final verdict on how successful it ultimately is, but it appears this thing, that's mostly the creative brainchild of (and starring) jason segel, is a good one.

Re: Dispatches From Elsewhere

ok, after the last two weeks, i'm a little concerned this show has gone off the rails. only what, 2-3 episodes left in the season, so i'll hang in there and see where it's going, but feels like they blew their wad early and the construct is over.

Re: Dispatches From Elsewhere

yeah, fuck this show. disregard everything i said. as interesting as the first few were, they really had no ending. the last episode was literally a jason segel self-indulgent circle jerk. i like segel but holy fuck. and the message was, "we're all the same, maaaaaan." so fucking stupid. so then i watched the "documentary" it was based on, "The Institute" from 2013. it had exactly the same problem. the millionaire that decided to turn the outdoors into a game for adults had a great idea, then decided he didn't want to burn any more money on it after two years so just ended it, ret-conning a kumbaya ending into it like that was always the intention. fuck his lazy ass, fuck that film, and fuck this show. what a waste of time.