Re: Twin Peaks [2017]

Now that you've seen Ep 8, maybe give Tree a try again.

Elsewhere our friend Klimov has said the NIN sequence is overlong in Ep 8. He's wrong as shit. Discuss.
"I'm like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one. . . . I'm not a schemer. I just do things."

anyone saying that isn't a fan of lynch or only likes his "quirkiness". that episode is exactly what i want from lynch. everyone else can pine away for more wally brando and james somewhere else.

I'm in several TP fan groups on Facebook that number in the tens of thousands membership-wise and have seen nothing but love for every second of 8. I have seen no one outside of everyone's favorite contrarian who had any complaints about the NIN sequence. Throwing the roadhouse in so early is a big signal that we're in for something different, and the very dark, mean song and staging serve as a ritualistic soundtrack to Evil Coop's revival. It was perfect, every goddamn moment.
"I'm like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one. . . . I'm not a schemer. I just do things."

Alexhead wrote:I'm in several TP fan groups on Facebook that number in the tens of thousands membership-wise and have seen nothing but love for every second of 8. I have seen no one outside of everyone's favorite contrarian who had any complaints about the NIN sequence. Throwing the roadhouse in so early is a big signal that we're in for something different, and the very dark, mean song and staging serve as a ritualistic soundtrack to Evil Coop's revival. It was perfect, every goddamn moment.
Yup, pretty much this. The absolute majority of both fans and critics loved episode 8. Facebook, forums, reddit etc. I've seen a few people in my twitter feed not loving it, but they are few and fare between. And also not that into the show or Lynch to begin with.

I think we lost the causal Peaks viewers back about episode 3 and all that's left now are the diehards. The only person I know who's stopped watching did so because of the kid getting run over scene. She has a kid about that age and I guess it was too close to home for her.
Just cut them up like regular chickens

fucking awesome episode again.
so lillard wrote 9/20 when he signed the pic of the major. truman said 10/1 and 10/2 (as written on the paper from the major) were two days from now. is this confirmation we're in two different timelines or is something else going on? and holy shit i thought bobby was going to cry again, like it was in his contract that every scene he's in, he has to cry. oh, and FUCK CHAD. he's so great. and we finally got a couple snide comments from albert, which was great to see. i can't believe he died immediately after filming all this. ugh. and diane continues to deliver gold - "IT'S A FUCKING MORGUE." also, return of the underlying jazz in a couple spots, most noticeable with the LV cops, was most welcome.

I really don't know what to say anymore about this show. It's just one amazing episode after another, it's Lynch freed from restraints as a visual artist, it's Mark Frost weaving his most intricate and complex (yet, as we learn with each episode, completely coherent) story in his career, it's actors having the time of their lives (I never thought I would love Matthew Lillard as much)... It's Twin Peaks, and it's a goddamn gift.

_Marcus_ wrote:I really don't know what to say anymore about this show. It's just one amazing episode after another, it's Lynch freed from restraints as a visual artist, it's Mark Frost weaving his most intricate and complex (yet, as we learn with each episode, completely coherent) story in his career, it's actors having the time of their lives (I never thought I would love Matthew Lillard as much)... It's Twin Peaks, and it's a goddamn gift.
agreed, except on lillard. he was great in The Bridge. and frankly, the scooby-doo movies.

I thought it was the most boring episode after the first watch, but having watched it a couple more times I appreciate it more. There are some moments/bits that, even with my love of Lynch non sequitors, flat out dragged. But it certainly explained Lillard's connection, started to bring all the investigative teams together, setup for more craziness to come.

i haven't laughed so hard at an episode yet until last night when
dougie was getting laid and his arms were flapping! then the look on this face. holy shit that was so goddamn funny. and of course she was wearing her red shoes prior. also young horne is a fucking asshole - i know, not a news flash. of course chad helps him. of course. loved that we got more margret. thought it was funny to see gordon and tammy making fun of albert enjoying dinner. but the biggest wtf of the episode for me was that diane responded to mr c (lol @ maha/klimov) with some details. what the hell? and gordon felt it when she hugged him? i really don't understand what she's doing working with someone she seemed to fear/hate.
plodding right along...

One of the moodiest episodes so far. It was great, but a hard thing to watch at times. Felt sort of drained after it was over. As someone said on twitter, it was a "checking in with the bad people" episode.
Also, Richard Horne being the son of Audrey pretty much confirmed huh? Sherilyn Fenn said on social media (after her disagreements with Lynch/Frost was over) that Lynch did something spectacular with her character. Wondering what that might be...

_Marcus_ wrote:
Also, Richard Horne being the son of Audrey pretty much confirmed huh?
Unless he's Donna's kid. We don't really know what happened to after the whole "You're my father" bit happened. He might have decided to become a part of the Horne family for the money.
Just cut them up like regular chickens