Re: Shameless

I finally finished season two. Damn, they sure weren't afraid to make Frank about as reprehensible a person as possible. The way they left him at the end of the season is what he deserved. I agree, season two was better than season one.

I also caught an episode of the original version when I was in London a few weeks back. It was pretty good too. I'm going to have to chase down copies of it now.
Just cut them up like regular chickens

Oh, it's a remake of a British show? I had no idea. And yes to all the rest, I kind of wanted Frank to get hit by a bus by about halfway through the season. I think his only redeeming quality is how hot his oldest daughter is.
"I'm like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one. . . . I'm not a schemer. I just do things."

agreed on all counts. love it. i knew it was a remake but have never seen the original. i'm sure seeing this has completely fucked me with it though, like the office. can't watch the UK version (i tried).

I didn't even realize I was watching the UK Shameless until it was over. That probably helped my enjoyment. It's crude humor, but more in that British Monty Python type of way instead of the gritty American type.

sunday january 13:
The third season of Shameless kicks off the evening at 9 p.m. several months after season two ended, with the Gallaghers each seeking their own version of the American dream.

Shameless -- Jimmy (Justin Chatwin) has moved into the Gallagher home, and Fiona (Emmy Rossum) soon realizes that a GED will only get her so far and that a long-term relationship with Jimmy isn’t as fulfilling as she expected. Meanwhile, Frank (William H. Macy) reappears south of the border with no idea as to how he got there.
re: jimmy - in the immortal words of sgt hartman: "Well.... no shit."

DVR fucked up and didn't grab it, but of course they put this shit on a loop so we'll just watch it in a half hour.
"I'm like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one. . . . I'm not a schemer. I just do things."

Am I the only one who thinks the show comes to a screetching hault when they focus on Jimmy? I really have no interest in any of his fake wife nonsense.

The writers need a laser science lesson. A HeNe is going to have output power of 50mW max. You couldn't burn anything with that. Also that tube apeared to be missing its mirrors, so it wouldn't even fire to start with.

madbutcher wrote:I have interest when his fake wife is naked.
This. Actually while I don't find Jimmy to be a character who should have stuck around much past the first season, I liked the way they kicked things off, with a nice murder and the potential for Jimmy to get his ass repeatedly kicked and/or killed.

don't know if anyone has been watching this season, but i had two nights of mini-marathons to catch up. my favorite way to watch this show, btw. this show still stresses me out. still biting, hilarious, dark and awesome. this season is more nuts than ever, i think. super under-rated show with a fantastic cast.

Every time I think Frank can't get any lower he does. I thought sure he was going to end up sleeping with his daughter earlier in the season.

We're still watching but it's all feeling pretty tired to me at this point.

darkness wrote:Every time I think Frank can't get any lower he does. I thought sure he was going to end up sleeping with his daughter earlier in the season.
me too, and it's not too late.

really weird ending to the season. where the hell did that come from?
thought jimmy was long dead. now he shows up with a j-lo look-alike calling him jack. uh...?
all the other threads were just kind of left there too. but, i really enjoyed mickey's coming out party - that was hilarious.

Haven't watched it yet, but as I noted earlier in the thread I think it's getting a little long in the tooth anyway.

I didn't like the season at first, but I think it got better as it went on and it was ok. Probably the worst season, but still better than most other things on. My main gripes; don't give much of a crap about the youngest sister, everything in her storyline was super boring to me. Fiona's started out weak but got interesting at the end. And Sheila didn't seem to get enough screen time.
Other gripe, awww no that douche is back? I will admit, the little girl in the hospital in the 2nd to last episode really got to me though. It was so small really, but that was tough. :-( Wayyyyyyyyy more than TWD, Shameless really knows how to kill a little girl off :-)
There are no stupid questions. Just stupid people.

I actually liked this season a bit better, mainly because Frank was sidelined for a lot of it. He's kind of a one note character and there's not much left to do with him.

we have another hateable/likeable character in mickey. well, i guess pretty much everyone is hateable/likeable on this show, but for me mickey is next after frank. i love kevin too, he's been great.