Re: Iron Man 3

We've already seen him fall from the sky once, so I guess we gotta have him falling with his armor shredded to shit too, heh. I like the poster, I suspect this is going to feel more like Iron Man 2 than Iron Man 2 did. I wish they'd ditch the numbers and just give each flick its own title, takes some of the pressure off and just feels like another issue of a comic book (and yes, smartasses, I realized comic books are numbered) in an ongoing story.
"I'm like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one. . . . I'm not a schemer. I just do things."

iron_man_three_ver3_xlg.jpg
hopefully this film will be in hifi... high fidelity. meaning, i hope it is shown in the highest quality fidelity.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

I hope they figure out a joke about how Stark's trying to turn Rhoadie into a badass black Captain America, i.e. improve on the original.
"I'm like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one. . . . I'm not a schemer. I just do things."

Alexhead wrote:I hope they figure out a joke about how Stark's trying to turn Rhoadie into a badass black Captain America, i.e. improve on the original.
"...YOU get a new look!"

(Sorry, late getting in on the Cheadle/Boogie Nights quote fun.)
This is a snakeskin jacket. And for me it's a symbol of my individuality and my belief in personal freedom.

Outside of the trailers, this is the first bit of actual spoilage on what happens in the movie. Describes what advantage the bad guys have as well as a scene and a possibly troubling nod to Spielbergian plotting:
Iron Man 3

Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige explains why the inclusion of Extremis nanotechnology allows writer-director Shane Black's film to sidestep the previous Iron Man movies' reliance on armored villains:

"We're calling it a biological reality and there's a science behind it that allows people to glow and rip apart Iron Man suits. Frankly, Shane was not interested, and we were not interested, in having another armoured character and another armored character fight. We've done that twice before."

And here's a passage from the new Empire Magazine issue that drops some details on a particular scene:

The scene ends with Stark, bloodied and dazed, flying away not entirely in control of his malfunctioning prototype. He lands hundreds of miles away in a snowy field, where, out of power, he can't get in touch with Pepper. Or Rhodey. Or The Avengers, neatly sidestepping that question.

Breaking into a deserted-looking garage, the tone then zigzags again as Tony is startled by a ten year-old kid, Harley (Ty Simpkins) sparking what [Drew] Pearce calls the film's "sci-fi Capra" phase. "We loved the idea of doing something classically Spielbergian - a kid finds a superhero in a shed. Their relationship is not something you would traditionally see in Spielberg, though; it's bawdier, more fractious." Extremis is a scientific program invented by Hansen and abused by the Mandarin and his right-hand man, Guy Pearce's slimy Aldrich Killian. It rewrites the operating system of the body, upgrading strength, speed and durability to the very zenith of human possibility.
http://io9.com/5987212/iron-man-3-will- ... g-spoilers

darkness wrote:Not sure who that is with him on the poster. It looks like Gwyneth Paltrow's hotter cousin.
yeah, kinda what i thought. bet she loves this poster.

just saw this. fun as hell. kingsley lives up to his name, stealing the show - a tall order when you are opposite RDJ and cheadle. really liked this. it didn't grip me, wasn't something that i'll be thinking about when i sleep, but was something i'd watch again and likely will several times.

oh, and as usual, do stay through the credits - it's worth it.

also, stan lee's cameo in this is exactly how all of his (other than mall rats) should have been and should always be. and, i love the '70s-style end credits, just perfect.