Re: Amazing Spider-Man mega thread

I'm not going to lie, I came a little when Doc Ock showed up. I kind of wonder if that's really the real Dr. Strange. For supposedly being the Sorcerer Supreme and the best of them, he seems to make stupid decisions here, and Wong seems to be smarter than him.
Just cut them up like regular chickens

It has to be
Garfield because it was his movie where they did the Gwen falling and dying because he failed to save her bit from the comic. It doesn't work if Toby does it because he has nothing to make up for whereas Garfield's Spider-man does.

I totally called the Garfield saving MJ bit. I was happy to see they actually made him and Toby integral to the plot instead of just inserting them needlessly for face time. And glad to see we'll be getting more of Daredevil in the MCU. The comic nerd in me is waiting for the Spider-man/Daredevil/Kingpin match.

finally caved and watched the latest entry over the weekend. i found it to be very overrated. not sure what all the hype was about. the multiverse aspect enabled them to make an entire film about memberberries. it's not remotely close to the best spider-man film. i hope the writing trend for marvel properties picks up. loki wasn't as good as it should have been, eternals was abysmal, and this was not good either. the next phase needs a major event to pull shit together. i have extremely high hopes for the dr. strange sequel, so i guess we'll find out in a couple months. this entry was fine, at best, and did some of the legwork to put certain plot lines into play, but should have been way better imo. and i love the character of spider-man, he's always been one of my favorites. best part was seeing matt murdoch finally enter the official MCU. that bodes very well for kingpin and punisher fans. i'd love to see those guys make the jump from small to big screen. then we'd be talking.

All major studio films and franchises are turning into nothing but memberberries these days. Patrick Stewart in Dr. Strange, Michael Keaton's Batman in Flash. It used to just be that Hollywood had sequelitis but now it can't seem to make a big budget film if it doesn't reference several other films.