Re: X-Men: Days Of Future Past

Final trailer, and the best one (albeit fairly detailed if there's anyone who doesn't want to be spoiled any more). I'm in.

[youtube][/youtube]
"I'm like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one. . . . I'm not a schemer. I just do things."

Re: X-Men: Apocalypse (Singer, 2016)

Allegations on Singer first surfaced when he shot the shower scene in Apt Pupil and some parents of the actors tried to sue, pretty sure he beat the rap at the time but given this maybe there was more to all that.
"I'm like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one. . . . I'm not a schemer. I just do things."

saw this yesterday. holy shit is this good. singer doesn't wallop you in the face with things - he perfectly captures the essence in tone and pace of the claremont era x-men. i have some questions and a few issues, but mostly just around continuity. i say "just" but there are some fairly major items. that being said, the comics battled the same type of things forever. this is the perfect way to bring together the "new" x-men cast with the old. some really ingenious things done here. cast is great. i don't want to say too much, plus i'm still kind of absorbing everything, but i will say that i kind of immediately wanted to watch it again. can't wait to see this at home, without the dregs of humanity ruining the experience.

I thought it was solid too, although some of the dialogue could have been trimmed in the editing room, it's a little slack in the pacing department. Still find Singer to be more than a little drab in the direction department, I feel that way about all his films, even the ones I like.

Re: Xmen / Mutant Mega-thread

apparently the whole sex abuse thing might be bullshit, i guess?
shitty site wrote:Michael Egan Drops Sex Abuse Lawsuit Against X-Men Director Bryan Singer

One of the men accusing X-Men director Bryan Singer of sex abuse voluntarily dropped his lawsuit today, apparently because he couldn't find another lawyer to take on the case after his original lawyer quit.

The AP reports that Michael Egan, a former child model, was left unrepresented when his relationship with attorney Jeff Herman "deteriorated" this summer.

According to the Wrap, Herman filed a motion to withdraw from the Singer case in May. Singer's lawyers told the AP that before withdrawing, Herman indicated they would be willing to settle for an unspecified "low amount," thus "demonstrating a lack of confidence in their chances for success."

A judge permitted Egan to drop the Singer suit Wednesday, citing his inability to secure representation. The case was dismissed without prejudice, however, meaning Egan still has the option of refiling in the future.

Egan dropped a similar lawsuit against a former Disney executive in June. No reason was given, but the Los Angeles Times speculated at the time it was because Herman believed Egan was lying about the abuse.

Re: Xmen / Mutant Mega-thread

io9 wrote:A New X-Men: Days of Future Past Cut Will Give Us Rogue Back

Okay, so maybe their bizarre viral marketing campaign didn't make you want to buy the DVD or Blu-Ray, but this is much better marketing: There will be over ten minutes of footage added back into the film, including all of Anna Paquin's scenes as Rogue.

According to Variety, the aptly-named "Rogue Cut" of Days of Future Past will be available as a re-release in 2o15, most likely during the summer. Which, in my mind, hurts the October 14th DVD/Blu-Ray release some more, because I'm just going to wait now. We're getting Anna Paquin's Rogue sequence back and other scenes with other characters.

The announcement was made by Simon Kinberg, who said:
"It's a big chunk, a substantial part of the movie," Kinberg said of Paquin's storyline as Rogue. "We want to give (fans) the fullest picture of the film — behind the camera, and in front of it," with the "Rogue Cut" and provide "more of the process we went through" to make the film.

"Every movie has scenes that are cut out, but not every movie has scenes cut out with such a beloved character."
Months ago, Kinberg told Empire what the cut sequence looked like:
The Rogue subplot was originally there because I wanted a mission for the older Charles and Eric to do, something like Unforgiven – two last gunslingers, Clint Eastwood and Morgan Freeman – that kind of a mission for them. I just loved the idea of that. Nothing in the story necessitated that, but just for a lark, I thought it would be a cool thing to see, because we may never see it again

... Then I thought that if [Kitty's time-traveling] power was winding down, they needed something stronger or someone who could take over her power. This came from a conversation with Matthew [Vaughn], which was about no-one having the same power as her but then realising there was someone who could take her power. I got chills. Rogue could be the McGuffin of that mission. They'd have to get Rogue out of some dark scary place, and that's what happens. It's a really nice sequence, and it'll end up on Blu-ray some way down the line.

But it does not service the main story. I thought it would increase the urgency and the stakes of the plot in the future, but it actually does the opposite, because it makes you feel like there is an answer out there. You think once Rogue gets here, we'll have an unlimited amount of time. The ticking clock that we'd established with Kitty getting wounded and losing her powers… well, Rogue would show up and press stop on the clock. So for all of those narrative reasons, there was this ten-minute subplot that had to go.
That sounds pretty awesome, even if it doesn't explain how Rogue got her powers back after X-3. Granted, the a lot Days of Future Past is an exercise in denying that film's existence. It's nice that we're not just getting this as a cut scene but getting to see how the movie looks with it restored. So I guess I'm waiting for next summer's "X-Men: Days of Future Past (The Rogue Cut)."