Re: Stranger

Some conjecture this could be a project from the guy who did shaky cam Chernobyl Diaries, he struck a deal with BR last year.
"I'm like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one. . . . I'm not a schemer. I just do things."

so maybe it's a book? will leave it here until we confirm otherwise...
/film wrote:While some thought this could be a really early ad for a game collaboration between Bad Robot and Valve, chances are it is really for a novel. The book is S., by Doug Dorst, created with JJ Abrams. The Huffington Post had book info a while back; Bleeding Cool speculates that the book and video are related. Here’s some info on the novel:
At the core of this multilayered literary puzzle of love and adventure is a book of mysterious provenance. In the margins, another tale unfolds—through the hand-scribbled notes, questions, and confrontations of two readers. Between the pages, online, and in the real world, you’ll find evidence of their interaction, ephemera that bring this tale vividly to life.
Focus on the “in the real world” part of that — there’s an aspect to this story that will feature real items hidden somewhere for readers to find. So it’s kind of a treasure hunt, maybe. (Not unlike the small wave of ’80s and ’90s books as represented by Masquerade and a few similar works.)
o-JJ-ABRAMS-BOOK-570-550x410.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

yep, it's a book...

[youtube][/youtube]
EW is reporting that this Stranger trailer is actually laying the groundwork for Doug Dorst's latest novella S. Conceived by Abrams and penned by Dorst, the novella centers around two students (Eric and Jennifer) who unravel a whole host of mysteries while studying the fictitious author V.M. Straka. But this is where it gets interesting — the book will be delivered shrink-wrapped because it's more of a collective reading of these two scholars notes on top of Straka's work. Which includes such props such as napkins with scribbles and various newspaper clippings. Well Abrams, you had our curiosity. But now you have our attention.

S will be released on October 29th.