fast food can kill you

see, spurlock just didn't spend his month in the right areas.
STL PD wrote:St. Louis woman dies in another fast-food dispute

For the second time in a month, police say a fight over fast food has led to the killing of a St. Louis resident.

Decora Jenkins, 18, was fatally shot early Monday in her home in St. Louis after arguing about a fast-food meal, police said.

Jenkins died from a gunshot wound to the head shortly after 1 a.m. in her home in the 1600 block of McLaran Avenue in the city's North Pointe neighborhood, police said.

Jenkins, her boyfriend, 20, and Erika Wherry, 28, returned to Jenkins' home after ordering food from a fast-food restaurant.

Wherry and Jenkins' boyfriend began wrestling over the food, police said. Wherry then picked up a gun and fired it toward the boyfriend but instead hit Jenkins, who was standing behind her boyfriend, police said. The boyfriend was unhurt except for minor gunpowder burns. Neighbors said Wherry is Jenkins' aunt.

Prosecutors charged Wherry on Monday with involuntary manslaughter.

Neighbor LaJoy Andrews said she had dropped the three off at the house after a block party, about an hour before the three drove to a nearby Rally's Hamburgers.

Andrews, 34, said Jenkins lived with Wherry, her father and younger brother, and had just earned her high school equivalency certificate last month. Andrews said Jenkins had planned to go to beauty school. Andrews described Jenkins as a "high-spirited" and "positive" person who rarely let anything bother her.

"It's very heartbreaking," Andrews said. "All this came about over a hamburger. It's a terrible situation."

Andrews said tough economic times may have factored into the argument.

"It's sad out here right now," she said. "There's no jobs. Everybody is stressed out."

On Monday afternoon, a swarm of ants was attacking two Rally's hamburger wrappers on the front porch of Jenkins' home. A man who answered the door declined to comment.

On Aug. 3, Carl Sharp, 26, of Jennings, a youth coach and former basketball player for Jennings High School, was fatally shot in the 3800 block of Lee Avenue in St. Louis after a dispute over a hamburger order placed at a fast-food restaurant. Police arrested a 16-year-old boy in connection with that shooting.
there are so many jokes to be made here. i'll just say this - for those of you unfamiliar with STL, this is why north county should be avoided at all costs and should be wiped off the map. all the "east st. louis" stereotypes have moved there. can't remember the last east st. louis story....

Re: fast food can kill you

Damn, now I have to try one of these Rally's Hamburgers if they're good enough to kill over.
Sadly, I could post equally nutty stories about south Dallas. Except we usually have the crazy religious motive thrown in for good measure. So if that story happened down here, it'd be something along the lines of two people fighting over a hamburger because they saw the face of Jesus in the ketchup.
Just cut them up like regular chickens

Wow. I remember from the last hamburger incident, the burger was from Rall'ys. Stay away from Rally's! I'd probably stay away from N County....if I didn't live there. Though I thought the ambulance driver being shot at couple months ago was an east StL story.
There are no stupid questions. Just stupid people.

heh, I thought this was going to be another "new research states the obvious" story. Found a good one the other day saying new research discovered that good posture can help those with back pain. Thanks, I'll remember that one the next time the physio is torturing me!

madbutcher wrote:Wow. I remember from the last hamburger incident, the burger was from Rall'ys. Stay away from Rally's! I'd probably stay away from N County....if I didn't live there. Though I thought the ambulance driver being shot at couple months ago was an east StL story.
dude, that may technically be north county, but i do not consider that "north county". N of 170 between 270 & 70 - THAT's north county. that's deathville.

ooooookay, this is about a block from where i work:
KSDK wrote:Police release names of homicide victims

KSDK -- Police have released the names of the two employees found murdered at a Steak'n Shake restaurant in South St. Louis County.

Tammy L. Cantrell, 44 and and Mark L. Gerstener, 24, were found dead inside the restaurant on South Lindbergh Boulevard at Mueller Road around 5:00 a.m. Monday.

St. Louis County Police say one of the restaurant's vendors made the tragic discovery and called 911.

At this point, police aren't saying how it appears the two employees were killed, but so far they say there's no sign of a murder weapon at the scene.

Following the arrival of investigators, it has been an emotional, but tight lipped scene at the restaurant, as employees along with victims loved ones have been exchanging hugs and tears.

Steak'n Shake brought in a counselor to help both employees and victims' loved ones.

Police say at this point they are looking at security camera footage for any possible clues into what happened, and they'll go through receipts to try and pinpoint what time the victims might have been killed.

Even though the restaurant is a 24 hour business, police are not sure if the restaurant was open when the victims were killed, as at some point overnight the restaurant was sprayed for pest prevention.

Right now, police say there's nothing to indicate a murder/suicide, rather they say they're looking at a probably robbery in which both employees were likely victims.

Police have been interviewing a number of people at the scene, but so far they are not saying anything about suspects they might be looking for.

TC wrote:ooooookay, this is about a block from where i work:
Hey, you work really close to my dad. Let me know if you're looking for an optometrist in the area. 8)

Somewhat related to the story, my dad used to be a carhop at a Steak 'n Shake when he was a teenager. One night he was walking home late from work and some guys in a car were cruising along and hassling him. Knowing my dad, he probably said something back to them, and they jumped out of the car to kick his ass. One of them took a swing at him with a bat, IIRC, and he took off running home. When he got home, his dad said something like, "why didn't you stay and fight, you pussy?" :lol:

One of my friends in high school worked at a SnS along Manchester, and he said about half of his coworkers had been to jail and many were still on probation. I don't think I'd want to rob that one. Who knows what the employees are carrying?

don't know whether to be happy that it's not just STL or be further saddened by the human race....

[video][/video]
“Eighteen-year-old Aaron Williams is facing a felony assault charge for allegedly stabbing his own mother over a cheeseburger. The incident took place at around 1 a.m. Friday at an apartment complex on West Bancroft in Toledo, police said. Vergie Williams said her teen son was all tough with his big butcher knife before she pulled out a knife of her own and he took off out the front door.”

I don't know where to begin with what's messed up with that story. I don't think it was the weed that made the kid violent, I suspect he was prone to that already. His mother doesn't seem like the most with it person either. The apple probably didn't fall far from the tree. She sure doesn't seem to broken up that she's more or less lost her child. Yeah, he tried to stab her, but still, most parents would still show some sadness that they have to cut off their kid. She's joking about it.
Someone should look into what's in these Rally's burgers. They seem to be causing a fair amount of violence. Maybe they should give complimentary quaaludes with each burger.
Just cut them up like regular chickens