look ma, no (l)users!

funny, because i know there are 20 of you out there, yet this is a barren wasteland.

reminds me of that same (l)user at work that calls me every other day at the same time: "Can you fix the internet?"

:draw:

oh, and have any of you ever actually used the chat here? i'd be curious to know how it performed, since i've never encountered anyone in it.

Hehe...the people at my school regularly ask me why "the internet is down" when they get 404's...heck, they have phrases like "Maybe my server is down..." and "Oh look, it's connecting to the site...that means the internet is broken". :roll:

Well..

I think it's because there are alot of boards maybe. And people seem to get busier and busier come spring. End of the school years and work etc.

Don't tale it personal! ;)

And for me, well, this board scares me. What i mean is, for me, it seems a little bit cluttered, as in there is so much you know. I'm more of a DLDB style boarder, as in the format which the DLDB is a little easier on the eyes and seems a little more overseeable...

peeace man :twisted:

I think that people are probably creatures of habit and stay on there own boards. It's hard to say the same topic over and over again on different boards.

I like your board though. It has all of those cool thingamabobs :) :lol:
"The Blood Stains, the Charred Remains, the poor bastard who blew out his brains, I've seen it all before, it's routine to me....crime scene." DEADbolt

Mr. Brown wrote: And for me, well, this board scares me.
MWA-HU-HAHAHAHA - how right you are to be frightened, mere mortal!!! my software should strike terror into the hearts of mortals worldwide!!

but seriously - fair enough, to each their own. in terms of M$, some people prefer Notepad, some people like Word...

this forum system may seem complex, but all it's offerings are necessary for complete integration/backend of the main site (coming within the month hopefully).
hermnsgrl wrote: I think that people are probably creatures of habit and stay on there own boards. It's hard to say the same topic over and over again on different boards.
yeah, i understand that. that's one of the beauties of this forum - things don't go bye-bye forever after six or seven days. i plan on keeping an archive here that, for all intents and purposes, should be permanant. AND searchable. so i hope that some people relize this and start bringing some friends here initially and not as an afterthought. but again, when the main site goes up, there will be lots more activity, i expect. i'm not worried! :mrgreen:
hermnsgrl wrote: I like your board though. It has all of those cool thingamabobs
yeah, me too! but so far, i'm the only one even using an avatar!! c'mon people - get with it! i've uploaded tons to chose from....

TC wrote: but seriously - fair enough, to each their own. in terms of M$, some people prefer Notepad, some people like Word...
Word and Notepad suck compared to Wordpad.

Looks to me like you've gotten a pretty good response! More people are starting to show up. Maybe they just can't take all the hockey talk :lol: Not that we'll be having much more of that for a few months :(

I invited a bunch of people over to my board, and it's still a pretty low-key/low-visitor affiar. I suspect this board will get busier given time (you do go pimp the thing on Mike's board like a used car salesman, after all :) )