Unfaithful

Pleasantly surprised by this, as Lyne more often than not can't do much more than light a scene well while his actresses parade around half-dressed or not dressed at all.

Like Nicholson in About Schmidt, Diane Lane makes this standard Hollywood melodrama worth watching. Always one of the underappreciated actors around, because she always underplays rather than overplays emotions, Lane finally gets to take the spotlight, and we are the better for it.

In fact, until some clumsy Hollywood plotting shows up to muddle the movie's second half, Unfaithful is quite a tastefully made exercise in voyeurism, with Lane discovering the sexual side that had been repressed at home with hubby Richard Gere (who himself is also quite good, better than you'd think). With its steamy sex scenes and abundant nudity -- particularly from Lane, who, I must add, looks AMAZING for a woman who must be close to 40 -- this is probably the movie that the EWS haters wanted EWS to be.
This is a snakeskin jacket. And for me it's a symbol of my individuality and my belief in personal freedom.

Re: Unfaithful

O-dot wrote:-- this is probably the movie that the EWS haters wanted EWS to be.
now that's an interesting line.....very interesting. now i'm curious to see this otherwise uninteresting-sounding movie.

btw, i am not an EWS hater, but if you recall was very much so after first viewing.