Marvel/Disney+ series

I guess we might as well start one of these for Disney+ since we have Netflix and Hulu ones as well.

Trailer for WandaVision:

[youtube][/youtube]

I'm not overly excited, but I did get a kick out of seeing them both in their comic costumes.
Just cut them up like regular chickens

Re: Marvel/Disney+ series

So there was a discount on Disney+, and my credit card company had 15% cash back for Disney+ purchases, so I finally got in on it. First thing I watched was WandaVision. Binged all 9 episodes in one day. I was only planning on checking out the first one or two just to see how it was, but got sucked in. I really enjoyed the construct of it. Just really kind of a great idea. I enjoyed it less toward the end as it felt suddenly rushed and over-explained. But it was still enjoyable. Glad they’re officially making her the Scarlet Witch. The Halloween episode was quite amusing, seeing those costumes. What a throwback to the OG comics. Vision was just really well-acted, especially throughout the different sitcoms. But I am keenly aware that here’s yet another show about grief and loss that I enjoyed.

The Falcon And The Winter Soldier - wrapped up s1 of this last night. i was loving that Dod from the incomparable Lodge 49 was "evil" cap! he rules. and of course The Alienist as Zemo. when i first saw him in the films, i hadn't seen that show. but he essentially plays the same guy, with the constant whisper-talk. dug the show, tons of action set pieces and not overly-preachy until the final episode, which tipped a little hard in that direction but still ultimately had a positive message i hoped people understood. i didn't watch Agent Carter but do dig the character and that actress, so will be interesting to see where this goes. so in my assessment, another pretty quality marvel show. very well thought-out and ties into the MCU quite nicely.

I actually liked the Falcon and the Winter Solider a lot more than I thought I would. From the trailer it looked like it was going to be a lot of mindless action but they really had some nice character development. I'd say episode five is probably some of the best stuff Marvel has produced. The final episode felt a bit rushed and Sharon Carter kind of shoehorned in to the whole series. Those would be my only nitpicks.

Loki - short season, 6 episodes. i enjoyed it, but it felt like treading water. felt like not overly much happened here that will change things. and as always, when playing with timelines and multiverse theories, i have some questions and nitpicks but shrug. was entertaining, that's about all i can say about it.

I mean one big fucking thing happened at the end of the show that will change things, which carries on into both the next Spider-man and Dr. Strange films apparently. But yeah, this show kind of felt like it was just a setup for that.

Found Wandavision absolutely awful. It's a second rate Lynch rip-off for the first 2-3 episodes, until they feel the need to massively over-explain everything. Also, who the hell feels nostalgia for crappy old American sitcoms - those shows were terrible enough the first time around. Far and away the worst thing to come out of Feige Marvel. Falcon & Winter Soldier, haven't made it past episode 2 so far, it's pretty boring. Loki was decent enough, certainly the best of the three.

Hard to imagine how F&WS can surpass Loki when the first two hours are so dull.

I don't think I've ever seen the Dick van Dyke show. Whatever nostalgic buzz you may feel for those old 2/3 camera live sitcoms one can hardly argue for their visual quality and that's what Wandavision is apeing to no apparent purpose - and at $20m an episode, ffs!!

yeah i think WV started out very strong, i quite enjoyed their playfulness, but fizzled toward the end. loki was fine, but not much going on as it went along. so far i think F&WS was the strongest overall.

Yeah. And like i said, even with all the exposition and obvious overtones, it managed to not get preachy until the final episode, and then only a little bit. Which, given the topic and current social insanity, is no small feat.

watched the first two episodes of Hawkeye. i'm enjoying it quite a bit. they're pushing hard to make a thing happen, some of which gets a little clunky, but if you can accept that, it's quite enjoyable so far. these series' are really a great way to continue the marvel universe for people that have some serious superhero tentpole exhaustion. anxious to see where this goes.