Re: Game Of Thrones

She lost a lot of blood, but I'm not worried on account of how the episode ended in a manner reminiscent of "Tune in next week ... same bat-time, same bat-channel."

On a nitpicky note, the whole scene was handled clumsily. Arya suddenly drops about 50 IQ points and decides to waltz openly around Braavos, making loud travel plans and conspicuously tossing money bags around just after going AWOL from a murderous death cult that's already warned her of the repercussions of not fulfilling its assassination requests? Dumb and out of character. It was something I would've expected out of a lesser show.
This is a snakeskin jacket. And for me it's a symbol of my individuality and my belief in personal freedom.

We are witness to the Great Divergence (not to be confused with the book series with Divergent in it, for the Gods' sake) between books and show, no surprise that there are clunky moments.
"I'm like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one. . . . I'm not a schemer. I just do things."

finally got to watch the episode last night.
i'm with you, this is pretty simple, really. first, where was her sword? they made a point of her getting it out last week. second, she's not a blind girl with a stick anymore. she's going to kill that little bitch. i'm sure h'gar will make another appearance to discuss how her debt to the many-faced god has been paid or something. i think she'll find that actress who will help heal her. who she really needs to watch out for is the hound. what a tragic episode for him - looked like he was finally almost accepting the fact that maybe he could live a positive life, give back, do good things, then RIIIIIP - ground ripped out from under him, whole commune slaughtered. of course this is his life. but i'm fucking pissed they brought mcshane in for one measly episode! i thought, "awesome! what westeros needs is al swearengine!" fuck. and yes, what was in that letter sansa wrote, and to whom? will be interesting. little lady mormont is a badass. in a parallel world, her and alia should hang out and have a play date. grandma's comments to cersei were great, and not wrong. she's pretty alone there. she has two choices, leave or go nuclear. we know she's not leaving, so this bodes well for us. oh, and i was totally surprised to finally hear the big plan for the ironborn - go to mereen and join with the mother of dragons??? did not see that coming. there are her ships. but, those ironborn ships don't exactly look big enough to have a bunch of horses on them. meh, i'm sure they're write that one out. will be pretty crazy if they actually make it to mereen.

They kind of phoned the ending of the Arya arc in there.
I'll buy that maybe she laid a trap with her sword so she could kill the Waif in the dark. But that was one hell of a gamble that about 20 other things would go right in order to get there (like wandering around wounded, letting other people get killed and so on). Yeah, still about 50 IQ points short this week still. I guess O-dot called it, but I don't really buy the one life satisfies the gods bit. The whole faceless thing ended a bit easily to me.
Just cut them up like regular chickens

watched the episode last night.
yeah, was kind of weird. i'm not convinced we've seen the last of their relationship. after all, doesn't h'ghar still owe her a life? also, it's supremely annoying that she was shivved multiple times in the stomach, yet was running around no problem a short time later. what the fuck? i mean, if you're going to do that, maybe let her get stabbed once, twice at most. she was stabbed jailhouse style, over and over, survives long enough (after exposing the wound to waste-filled waters, i'm sure) to find a place to hole up, gets patched up, takes a nap, then is running, jumping and fighting without issue? uh, ok. but, all of that aside, it still feels like they wrapped this up very quickly for having her spend an entire season becoming "no one".

and varys, where is he off to? how pissed is dany upon her return? how fucked is cersei, and by her own son? will jamie and brienne finally bone? tune in next week for the answers to these and more exciting questions!

Good point now that you make me think about it.
She fell from huge heights not once but several times. That would have broken bones in most anyone in good health without fresh stab wounds. Second time she hit the ground her guts should have spilled out of her stomach like a busted sack of potatoes.

I love this show, but that whole story with the Faceless Men was super pissing me off. She has her big reveal in the temple again, and I thought, "OK, I guess she's not injured anymore ... ?"
This is a snakeskin jacket. And for me it's a symbol of my individuality and my belief in personal freedom.

i should add, just got back from a long road trip. was thinking of an audiobook we could listen to and looked into GoT. book one - JUST BOOK ONE - was like 30+ hours. also, all read by one person, so not different voices, etc. that is lunacy. so we opted for Make Love! The Bruce Campbell Way which was like 6+ hours. first time i listened to it was going to and from o-dot's wedding. was satisfyingly crazy.

I wonder if they'll just try to claim the milk of the poppy is what gave her Wolverine healing powers.

I guess the one person reading GoT isn't doing multiple voices, like the guy who does the Potter audiobooks.

Hopefully Sunday's show will be exciting. Judging from the preview it'll be
an hour-long battle for Winterfell.

My daughter was hooked on those Potter audiobooks a few years back, strident is the best term for that cat I think. And yes, now it can be told without spoiler tags (can't it?), Arya's deal ended with a whimper. Not sure why they decided to show us a chase but not the fight.
"I'm like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one. . . . I'm not a schemer. I just do things."

Alexhead wrote:My daughter was hooked on those Potter audiobooks a few years back, strident is the best term for that cat I think. And yes, now it can be told without spoiler tags (can't it?), Arya's deal ended with a whimper. Not sure why they decided to show us a chase but not the fight.
i read a theory that said the waif was arya, a fight club thing. shrug.

That would be kind of cool, but usually if RR is going to throw a twist in he reveals all eventually.

Shouldn't attacking with your fire breathing dragons be the first thing you do instead of letting them bomb the hell out of your city awhile? Also, remember kids, always feed your dogs.

Anyone could've seen it coming, but I kinda feel bad for the young actor who plays Rickon. Poor kid gets scooted off-screen for two entire seasons, then is reintroduced and promptly killed before he even gets to say a single line of dialogue.

At this point, can't we expect people to just avoid the thread if they haven't watched instead of putting everything in black? Shit be silly. Anyway, a few logistical things aside, that was on one of the best old school battle sequences ever committed to film. And I kept expecting a RR job, wherein the Stark family once again gets fucked and everyone dies a horrible death. I guess either RR is getting soft or the showrunners are completely off the reservation at this point. The ones who have been beaten and bullied for so long are now inheriting the earth, very fun to watch.