Re: The Walking Dead

Yeah that was quite the tease, but well played. I'm not going to spoiler tag this as it's just conjecture, but there were a couple of hints it might be Darryl. First, throughout the episode we are given when we come to discover is his POV shot from within the van he's held captive in, and the episode certainly ends with the mother of all POV shots. Second, he was the featured guest on Talking Dead. Third, he's got a new show coming to AMC. Might all be misdirection of course.
"I'm like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one. . . . I'm not a schemer. I just do things."

Darryl seems likely to me as well. Both because of the new show commitment (though AMC does feature shorter seasons that are staggered so it wouldn't be impossible for him to do both) and because they haven't seemed to really know what to do with him lately. For a while this season I actually forgot he was even in the show.

Though the optimist in me is still hoping for Carl. From a story standpoint that'd be stupid because
Negan would never get Rick's cooperation after that.
But still Carl just needs to go.
Just cut them up like regular chickens

Yeah, I know it's short term. Also, he could in fact just beat the shit out of someone as he states he's going to but they don't in fact die.
"I'm like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one. . . . I'm not a schemer. I just do things."

Alexhead wrote:Also, he could in fact just beat the shit out of someone as he states he's going to but they don't in fact die.
I think if we get another false death, especially after even even bigger wait and build up this time, there will be riots in the streets. Someone has to die this time. And with new regulars added this season, they need to balance out the budget.
Just cut them up like regular chickens

Well, JFD sure did what he could with the Neegan character in the short amount of screen time/stupendously long build-up that he got. Could be an interesting character going forward, in a sea of completely forgettable and boring ones.

First page of the new Negan backstory comic coming out. As I expected, they're going for light and breezy.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

TC wrote:
TC wrote:yeah, both are good. the new one "Michonne" is better so far than S2, haven't finished yet. they fixed the weird stuttering and the "action" sequences are streamlined as far as controls. it's an improvement technically and story-wise.
just wrapped episode 2. was awesome. they keep getting better at these games, and the story is fantastic.
solid ending today. heart-wrenching. not really much to "do", mostly story wrapping up. still good, and a nice way to flesh out the character.

Finally caught up. Yes, they really do stretch credulity towards the end. That the protagonists would behave so dumbly, sure, but also that so many of these Saviours would suddenly appear out of nowhere, that they can sneak up on characters like Daryll and Michone, that Carol would suddenly turn into a wuss, that Neegan would still want to recruit Rick and allow him to live after all that's happened... Oh and that the investigator from The Good Wife is supposed to be a hard ass ;-) Silliness upon silliness. Shame, as there were a couple of really nice episodes along the way this season. Now we need to catch up on Fear the Walking Dead, or the Frank Dillane show as it should more properly be called.

the good wife?

anyway, watching the watchmen (see what i did there?) the other day got me excited for neegan. dude will nail it. hopefully they've paid attention to GoT and don't drag shit along all season again.

Everything klimov lists, plus TC mentioning dragging shit out...I mean, it's funny how bitchy people will get about the logistics of their favorite shows post Breaking Bad but they give Walking Dead a free pass when it's been full of stupid character behavior leading to ridiculous storytelling from the get go.

Alexhead wrote:Everything klimov lists, plus TC mentioning dragging shit out...I mean, it's funny how bitchy people will get about the logistics of their favorite shows post Breaking Bad but they give Walking Dead a free pass when it's been full of stupid character behavior leading to ridiculous storytelling from the get go.
yeah, this exactly. it's nothing new - if you're a fan of the show, that comes with it. like how i would watch smallville for the 22 minutes of good show and try to ignore the other 22 minutes.

Absolutely, taking things to the high seas was a great new way to see the apocalypse, while obviously not seeing the major stuff going on land (perhaps that's a season finale coming up?). Still trying to figure out if they saved money or made life more difficult for themselves by shooting everything on boats. Probably a bit of both.