Re: Alien prequel [Ridley Scott!!]

I've been very pessimistic about this, but that looked fucking amazing. For what it was, at least.

Still not sure if Alien 4 sucked so much life out of the franchise that it merits a complete title change though. They even used the classic title reveal, for gods sake.

Re: Alien prequel [Ridley Scott!!]

_Marcus_ wrote:
darkness wrote:The trailer looks good. But these days I consider anything by Ridley Scott guilty until proven innocent.
I'd second that. Got a better source material this time though, it seems.
Alien 4 had a script written by Joss Whedon and we see how that turned out. Or as he said himself, "It wasn’t so much that they’d changed the script; it’s that they just executed it in such a ghastly fashion as to render it almost unwatchable." With this one it probably all comes down to how much control Scott had vs. how much the Fox suits had. Fox is usually their own worst enemy which big action/scifi/franchise films (see pretty much any comic adaption they've made for reference). Assuming Scott still has it in him to make a good film, assuming it was a good script to start with and assuming the studio doesn't get in the way, there might be a chance.
Just cut them up like regular chickens