Re: Thor

I'm not entirely sure to this day whether I've actually seen Return of the King all the way through.
This is a snakeskin jacket. And for me it's a symbol of my individuality and my belief in personal freedom.

Mike's the only one that would appreciate this but Return of the King is the final film I saw at the Cinema Center in Omaha (and I saw a million movies there growing up), Christmas Day, I think I did take a brief nap during the thing.
"I'm like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one. . . . I'm not a schemer. I just do things."

I think I nodded off for the middle hour of Return of the King way back at that screening in early '04.
This is a snakeskin jacket. And for me it's a symbol of my individuality and my belief in personal freedom.

Alexhead wrote:Mike's the only one that would appreciate this but Return of the King is the final film I saw at the Cinema Center in Omaha.

Cool. I think I only ever actually saw one movie there myself. I believe it was one of the Star Treks, to tie into the other current active thread. I hear they turned it into a shooting range. I'm not sure if that's better or worse than the parking lot fate of Indian Hills.
Just cut them up like regular chickens

Yeah it's a fucking gunny gunnerson gun club. Breaks my heart, that was the place I saw many, many childhood and young adult classics at.
"I'm like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one. . . . I'm not a schemer. I just do things."

Alexhead wrote:Yeah it's a fucking gunny gunnerson gun club. Breaks my heart, that was the place I saw many, many childhood and young adult classics at.
I feel the same way about the Stuart Theatre in Lincoln. It's a crappy club that mostly has wedding receptions now.

That's awful, the Stuart was a great old movie house.

Alexhead wrote:That's awful, the Stuart was a great old movie house.
I have a lot of fond memories of that theater. It's where I saw all three of the original Star Wars films in their first run. I also saw my first Lynch film, Elephant Man, there, though I didn't really appreciate it at the time due to being a kid. Even though I'd moved to Dallas by then, I did get to go to the last showing they had there as it happened when I was back for the holidays.

Pretty sure I saw both Wild At Heart and Miller's Crossing there, as well as Silence of the Lambs and Jacob's Ladder. Saw a ton of films (of course) when I went to school down there for a couple years.

Alexhead wrote:Pretty sure I saw both Wild At Heart and Miller's Crossing there, as well as Silence of the Lambs and Jacob's Ladder. Saw a ton of films (of course) when I went to school down there for a couple years.
Wild At Heart played the Cinema Twin across the street.

Yup, looks like it could best the first two by a considerable margin.

Alexhead wrote:Yup, looks like it could best the first two by a considerable margin.
Not that that'd be hard. :haw:

I actually saw that movie back in the day when it originally broadcast.